Author Topic: Help with templates  (Read 2145 times)

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Help with templates
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:05:30 AM »
I would really love to see an in depth tutorial on templates.  I messed with them in the past, gotten frustrated, gave up, came back.  Now I have to have a solution for something.

So I have a sample that I am trying to turn into a set of tasks that can be created quickly.  I have a Milestone, a task within that milestone, and a subtask under that task.  I have created a parameter to name the milestone, and a date parameter to set dates.  I am able to set the title of the milestone and the due date of the milestone with those parameters when I instantiate the template.  The task and subtask come along with the milestone.  That all works nicely.

What I need to do is set the due dates of the task and subtask based on the date parameter.  That isn't working.

At this time I have only the milestone added as an object to the template.  Because of that I when I click on Edit Object Property I only have Name, Description and Due Date (of the milestone) to add.  There is not an option to add any of the fields from the tasks.

I can add those objects to the template too, and when I do that I can Edit Object Property and set the values for fields in the tasks.  But when I instantiate the template not only are those fields not populated but there are TWO of them created, one under the milestone and another "unassigned" to a milestone.

What am I doing wrong?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Help with templates
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
We have finally started to write the section on templates on the wiki:
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/templates:templates

Templates are one of Feng Office most valuable power features. It was a crime not to give them the publicity they deserve!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

jemisond

• View Profile
Re: Help with templates
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
I agree! I just started going through the process to take advantage of this powerful feature and found that it's not quite finished. :)

anything