Author Topic: Gelsheet?  (Read 2982 times)

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gelsheet?
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
As I was installing the new version of Feng Office I saw the gelsheet libraries flash by.  Once installed I have poked around looking for the implementation in the interface and can't find it.  Where do I find where Feng uses Gelsheet?

cjs

• View Profile
Re: Gelsheet?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 06:45:46 AM »
Robbrandt,

As far as I my info goes, Gelsheet was available only till v 1.7.2 . Thereafter it has been discontinued.

It is a pity. I found fengoffice looking for online spreadsheet feature and voila it has vanished from my discovery ....

CJ

apmuthu

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »
sourceforge.net/projects/gelsheet/files/latest/download

The above provides for FO v1.7.2  only.

Does it work in FO v2.2.1?

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »
Thanks.  This is a shame.

I am aware of 2 different alternatives, since gelsheet development seems to have stalled.  Both are "heavier" solutions since they require java to be installed on the server, but they appear to be legit solutions and are under active development.

zkoss. org /product/ zkspreadsheet.dsp

sheetster. com /index.jsp

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
Feng Office IS under active development as well  ::)

However, regarding GelSheet, unfortunately the feature was no longer developed nor included in the last Feng Office versions due to lack of resources.
Should anyone be interested in helping us out integrating it with Feng Office 2, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »
Didn't mean to imply that Feng wasn't under active development, my comments were in regard to spreadsheet solutions that could possibly be included in Feng Office instead of gelsheet.