Author Topic: Backups and Backup Plugins  (Read 2887 times)

whiskeysquared

• View Profile
Backups and Backup Plugins
« on: November 16, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »
Hello everyone, I've been scouring the Feg Office help articles to find an easy solution for backups, but the only thing fairly recent I have found is regarding manual back ups on the Feng wiki which hasn't been updated since 2013. It looks like a while back the predecessor opengoo had a back up plugin, but the last version I could find of the plugin was a version 1.0 in 2009 at sourceforge. Feng Office seems like such a great open source product, but if used appropriately, it would hold some vital information; I can't believe it wouldn't have a solid, up-to-date back up function built it... So what am I missing? Is there a function for it, or are we left to our own devices and performing manual backups? Or is this another one of the "premium" services feng office sells?

There are some areas where FO is missing some critical functionality, or it's held back as a premium feature, but backups are pretty important. Has anyone attempted the backup plugin I've linked to (V 1.0 released in 2009)? Does this somehow work for the latest version of FO (3.4.4.1)?

umina

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Backups and Backup Plugins
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 03:21:48 PM »
I had feng office on site5 and I was able to back it up using their site backup command, but the server became painfully slow after they were bought, so I installed on a local machine.  Is there a site backup
for Apache that might work?

anything