Author Topic: compatibility with PHP 7.2?  (Read 1844 times)

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
compatibility with PHP 7.2?
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:36:56 AM »
Hello

I am using Community Edition version 3.4.0.17 and have not been able to update ever since. When I install a new version (which I have done before plenty of times) I get a DB error.
But that's not why I am asking for your help :-)

My provider has announced that support for PHP 5.6. will be stopped by dec 2018. Yesterday they have switched and my installation was no longer accessible. I was able to switch back to 5.6. for the moment, but support will definately terminate by the end of the year.

My questions:
- is a newer version of FengOffice compatible with the new standard? -> then I will try to get around the update error
- is there a workaround for the outdated version? -> in case I cannot update my installation

Thanks so much for your help!
Simon

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: compatibility with PHP 7.2?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:07:17 AM »
Hi Simon

I have struggled with this issue for some time. I stand corrected, but the latest community edition of Feng Office, 3.5.1.5 is NOT compatible with PHP 7 and above.

Thanks
Peter

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
No php7 compatibility.  It feels like this project is dead, or moved to private pay.

We use the community version 3.5.1.5 in production, but it's in need of updating.  I have found a 3.6.0RC on github, but not sure if it's official, or not.  I haven't yet had a chance to trial it, but I see nothing significant that would make it play nice with php7.

Is there a desire to fork this project, and rebuild it for the future? (ie, php7)

ungeahnt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:57:38 PM »
Hi, I'm started with FO community edition today for testing.

I like the software, but I do miss the PHP7 support! May one developer could give a comment about the next steps planned?! PHP5.6 is almost discontinued and I have to use PHP 7 (due to other installations on my server).

Please could you tell me also, how the Community and Pro edition is 'connected' together. Is there only one software branch, whereby some functions are missing in the Community editon, or there are completely independent?

In additon: the last main update on sourceforge was in November 2017 and github (fengoffice/fengoffice) is also not very active. Is this project still alive?

Thanks
Dieter

ungeahnt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
Is there anybody out there?  :-[

Feng Office support told me last week about the pro edition:
While PHP 7 support is in our development roadmap, we haven't a specific date for the release.

Goodbye!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:10:40 AM by ungeahnt »

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
Ouch, that's no good news . Thanks ungeahnt!
I guess I will drop feng tgen.  :-[
Simon

anything