Author Topic: compatibility with PHP 7.2?  (Read 5178 times)

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
compatibility with PHP 7.2?
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:36:56 AM »
Hello

I am using Community Edition version 3.4.0.17 and have not been able to update ever since. When I install a new version (which I have done before plenty of times) I get a DB error.
But that's not why I am asking for your help :-)

My provider has announced that support for PHP 5.6. will be stopped by dec 2018. Yesterday they have switched and my installation was no longer accessible. I was able to switch back to 5.6. for the moment, but support will definately terminate by the end of the year.

My questions:
- is a newer version of FengOffice compatible with the new standard? -> then I will try to get around the update error
- is there a workaround for the outdated version? -> in case I cannot update my installation

Thanks so much for your help!
Simon

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: compatibility with PHP 7.2?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:07:17 AM »
Hi Simon

I have struggled with this issue for some time. I stand corrected, but the latest community edition of Feng Office, 3.5.1.5 is NOT compatible with PHP 7 and above.

Thanks
Peter

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »
No php7 compatibility.  It feels like this project is dead, or moved to private pay.

We use the community version 3.5.1.5 in production, but it's in need of updating.  I have found a 3.6.0RC on github, but not sure if it's official, or not.  I haven't yet had a chance to trial it, but I see nothing significant that would make it play nice with php7.

Is there a desire to fork this project, and rebuild it for the future? (ie, php7)

ungeahnt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:57:38 PM »
Hi, I'm started with FO community edition today for testing.

I like the software, but I do miss the PHP7 support! May one developer could give a comment about the next steps planned?! PHP5.6 is almost discontinued and I have to use PHP 7 (due to other installations on my server).

Please could you tell me also, how the Community and Pro edition is 'connected' together. Is there only one software branch, whereby some functions are missing in the Community editon, or there are completely independent?

In additon: the last main update on sourceforge was in November 2017 and github (fengoffice/fengoffice) is also not very active. Is this project still alive?

Thanks
Dieter

ungeahnt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »
Is there anybody out there?  :-[

Feng Office support told me last week about the pro edition:
While PHP 7 support is in our development roadmap, we haven't a specific date for the release.

Goodbye!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:10:40 AM by ungeahnt »

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 11:29:51 AM »
Ouch, that's no good news . Thanks ungeahnt!
I guess I will drop feng tgen.  :-[
Simon

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
Just to confirm that Feng Office (community edition) version 3.7.0.5), that can be downloaded here: https://github.com/fengoffice/fengoffice is compatible with PHP version 7. The only issue I found with this version and PHP 7.2 is the email module. I am also not sure if this is an 'official' version.

Thanks
Peter

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:31:57 AM »
Thank you, Peter! That gives me hope...
Would you mind to describe what issues you have with the mail module?
Not installable, not usable, not fully functional?
Refards, Simon

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 11:39:07 AM »
Hi Simon

In short not usable. What happens is that is possible to set up an email account without any issue, even retrieving 'Check emails' does not seem to be problematic, however, the emails are not displayed and with that the option bar disappears. Reloading the page, does show the email module options again, but as soon as the check mail icon is pressed, the area becomes blank. This problem does not occur in PHP 7.0.

I hope the information is of use?
Peter

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 05:37:04 AM »
Yes, thank you! Very useful.
I have the option of downgrading to PHP 7.0 :-)

I wonder if we will see any more updates of Feng?
I'm still checking out egroupware and onlyoffice which both seem to be very active.

Cheers!
Simon

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 08:25:17 PM »
Hi,

Feng Office (the team, the project, and the system) is very much alive and new versions being released.

Also, PHP 7.x is supported and being used by several users.

While the website and communication channels are due for a revamp, we are 'somewhat actively' communicating - mainly through the blog.

There you will see that we moved the repository to github (sourceforge wasn't working well for us), and comments on PHP 7 support.

Looking forward to your feedback and help to keep Feng Office evolving strong and communicative.  :)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 10:34:38 AM »
Thanks for the response Conrado

I have not given up on Feng Office, you simply do not give up on something that good so easily. There is NO worthwhile alternative, full stop. Looking forward to full 7.2 compatibility.

All the best
Peter

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »
Thanks, Conrado!
That gives me hope...!

I installed the newer version 3.7.0.5, changed PHP to 7.2
But when I run the upgrade script I get this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot declare class Error, because the name is already in use in /home/simonwen/www/f2/environment/classes/Error.class.php on line 51

Did I miss something? Or is there still a problem in the new version?

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks! Simon

biblefusion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
Hi Simon

Did you you try the latest version (3.7.1.1) to see if the problem persists: https://github.com/fengoffice/fengoffice?

Thanks
Peter

simonwenger

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »
No, not yet, and I won't have time in the next 2-3 weeks.
I'll keep you updated!
Simon