Author Topic: Context menu and spellcheck conflict  (Read 529 times)

Aplam

Context menu and spellcheck conflict
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:40:23 AM »
I tried to report through your Mantis system but Omegle Appvalley I never received any registration confirmation emails, and it will not allow to login anonymously.

FO Community edition 3.4.4.1

Problem:
When editing in a text field and some spelling mistakes were found by the browser (e.g. Chrome), user cannot right click on the wrong word to correct the spelling mistake because a FO context menu will pop up and ask if the user wants to copy or cut the selected word.

The problem can be repeated anytime.

Expected result:
The FO context menu should not appear, because the user is not selecting the whole word, he just right click on the word.  Alternatively, FO can have a built-in spell checker
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:33:47 PM by Aplam »

DanoGeorge

• View Profile
Re: Context menu and spellcheck conflict
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »
I tried to report through your Mantis system but I never received any registration confirmation emails, and it will not allow to login anonymously.

FO Community edition 3.4.4.1

Problem:
When editing in a text field and some spelling mistakes were found by the browser (e.g. Chrome), user cannot right click on the wrong word to correct the spelling mistake because a FO context menu will pop up and ask if the user wants to copy or cut the selected word whe I do my essay today.

The problem can be repeated anytime.

Expected result:
The FO context menu should not appear, because the user is not selecting the whole word, he just right click on the word.  Alternatively, FO can have a built-in spell checker

Hello,

I had this issue in Firefox too. I tried hunspell dictionaries, not aspell. When I installed  the hunspell-en package, the issue was fixed. But in FO, it would be great to have a built-in spell checker.