Author Topic: Feng site suggestion  (Read 3700 times)

Pet

Feng site suggestion
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
I could never find the Sponsor a Feature page via the menus on the Feng site, which is why I put it in my sig.  I'd like to suggest that you put that page in the menus under Features.

And while you're at it, I noticed that on the OpenGoo Who page, there is no clear link to Feng Office (aside from the small one in the footer).

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Feng site suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »
Thanks again.

That's what you get when you have such a geeky core team.  ;D

We consistently prioritize product development over marketing. And we take websites as marketing.  :P

We will probably merge Feng Office and OpenGoo into one site, so that at least we only have to care for one site, and will work on communicating more clearly to the community.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Syrion

• View Profile
    • Studio Krater v.o.f.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 12:23:39 PM »
So OpenGoo will be renamed as "Feng Office" entirely (I think most of us can agree that the Goo-part of the name isn't that great ;)) and will appear in a SaaS and open source version?

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Hi,

The way Syrion suggets might be good, but it contains also a danger: Nobody knows the difference ... Maybe a smaller change would be nice? Feng office and Feng open or something?

This way there is a clear connection between both, but the names a slightly different ...

Pet

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:07:25 PM »
The name OpenGoo grew on me and I like it now  :(

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
The name OpenGoo grew on me and I like it now  :(

Yes, I know. I have feelings for it too! But it is hard to keep up with two sites and two "brands", when they are essentially the same thing, and we many times face the task of repeating work.

Regarding the 'how' we are going to do it, and the exact definitions and names, that is something we are still brainstorming. Of course what OpenGoo is today will remain open source and evolving, and we will keep the SaaS and On-Premise offerings too.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Syrion

• View Profile
    • Studio Krater v.o.f.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 12:02:38 PM »
Regarding the 'how' we are going to do it, and the exact definitions and names, that is something we are still brainstorming.

I suggest to throw it out here int the open, maybe someone comes up with a really nice idea. In the end the projectlead decides. ;)