Author Topic: Will you participate?  (Read 3036 times)

msauter

• View Profile
Will you participate?
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »
It looks like only the user that creates an event gets the option to answer the question "Will you participate?". That doesn't make sense to me, and I can't see the effect of answering the question. Can anbody help me to understand this feature?

ignacio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Will you participate?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Hi.

When you add an event with the full details view ("Add event" button or "Edit event details" in the add event popup), you can choose who to invite to the event ("Event invitations" category). All users that are invited can answer that question, and will see the event in their calendars.

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »
But other people who are not invited can see the event anyway? How do they know that there is an invitation required (and that they have not been invited)?

ignacio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 10:07:45 AM »
You can't see on your calendar view events that were not created by yourself or that you haven't been invited, but you can see when you filter by another user or if you filter by all users. if the events are on a workspace you can view and you have permissions to view events.

msauter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:01:45 PM »
OK. And if I'm the user who created the event: Where do I see who will attend?

ignacio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
That is pending functionality. You can now see if user X is attending the event by filtering the calendar by that user and looking at the top right icon of the event (a green tick if he's attending, a red X if he's not, etc).

Of course, there should be a listing of people invited to the event with his confirmation status. That will come soon.

VertoX7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 05:34:09 PM »
When I go to event invitations it doesn't show any users, all it has is a check box for Send email notifications.

ignacio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
Only users that have permissions on the event can be invited. If your event is in your personal workspace and no other user can view it, you won't see other users to invite. This is the desired functionality at least, but due to a bug, the list of users you can invite is taken from the currently selected workspace. So you will have to select the event's workspace in the Workspace panel and then go to the event edition screen.

VertoX7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »
That was basically the only thing i didn't try doing! Thanks! That showed the users!

stardust

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:35 AM »
When do you expect this bug fixed?

ignacio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 09:04:09 AM »
For version 1.1. The beta will be available next Monday, and the final release on late december.

anything