Author Topic: Copy / Paste / Duplicate >> Tasks / Workspaces ?  (Read 1141 times)

smazian

• View Profile
Copy / Paste / Duplicate >> Tasks / Workspaces ?
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:56:09 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering if it's possible to duplicate workspaces & tasks. :D That would help a lot because I use opengoo to manage procedures which contains the same tasks.
I use it for the conception of promotion graphics for nightclubs parties (posters, stickers, invitations, tickets...).
For each support I have quite the same procedure/tasks (rough/mock up/... /final proof). And I have to make all this manually for all my projects, which is a loss of time.
I think it may exist a script for that, right ?

daniel_hug

• View Profile
Re: Copy / Paste / Duplicate >> Tasks / Workspaces ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
I'd like to support the copy/paste idea, but for events.
We have 3 weekly events. but repeating events are not the solution, because the description may change per date and not for all reocurring event. so copy/past would be a nice "workaround" and very helpfully :-)

regards
Daniel

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »
I don't undertand what you wanna copy in a workspace. Maybe you can just create a new workspace and add an object to that workspace. You need to be more specific about the information you wanna recreate.

For the tasks is very simple, you can create a new task based in a existing task, just open the task view and use "create a copy of this task"

And if you use the same every time, is better if you create a template from the administration panel.

smazian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »
    Hi,
    I'm ok too with the idea of copying events.
    Maybe we don't use Workspaces the same way but I work a lot with workspaces and sub-workspaces and sub sub workspaces... In fact I create an arborescence so for a project I have for example:

Project Name
        Poster
    • Rough
    • Mock up
    • Final proof
         Stickers
    • Rough
    • Mock up
    • Final proof
    etc...

I use workspaces because I have all my objects relating too it in the same environmenet, compared to a simple task with objects attached. It's more comfortable for us to work with it than with tasks because It's more of a work than a task. We always have to re-work things.
    It's not a linear project like with basic tasks (start / stop / priority / assignee). What's really good with opengoo is the concept of workspace. Managing an artistic project has a lot of differences compared to a technical project. It's a lot of chit-chat, a lot of inspiration or references. And there are no diagrams which make the work, if only based on tasks, totally unproductive.
    That's, for me and my friends, what's make the difference with other project management platforms.