Author Topic: Workspace Blank After Clicking Second Item on Dashboard  (Read 1575 times)

dmiddlet

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Workspace Blank After Clicking Second Item on Dashboard
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »
I am trying to run OpenGoo on my web host provider and have it running with one issue.

The install went fine (once I learned my hosting db login/db name quirks).  When I first log into the app it works fine and when I first click on the calendar, tasks, etc (pretty much anything on the Overview bar) I get that section as expected.  I can see the items just fine.
 
However when I then click on another section on that bar, I get a blank gray section and then nothing else works.  I do get a script error on my browser (both Firefox and IE7) that says something like "Line 70 Char 4, Unexpected identifier, string or number, URL: http://{mydomain}/index.php?c=dashboard&a=index"

Any ideas?  I have this running just fine on my home box so it doesn't seem to be a browser issue. 

ignacio

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1703
    • View Profile
Re: Workspace Blank After Clicking Second Item on Dashboard
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
Try installing the Firebug extension for firefox and enable it for you OpenGoo site. This will show you more info about the javascript error and on which file it is happening.

It could be that some javascript file got corrupted when you uploaded it to your server.

dmiddlet

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Workspace Blank After Clicking Second Item on Dashboard
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:07:12 AM »
Well, I ended up doing several things to make it work.

1. Re-upload all files... didn't work.
2. Delete DB, all files, re-upload all files, recreate DB... didn't work.
3. Delete DB, all files, upload zip file, extract directly on the server.. re-create db... didn't work.
4. Change config.php pointer from "define('ROOT_URL', 'http://mysite.mydomain.com'); "    to "define('ROOT_URL', 'http://mydomain.com/mysite/); "     this broke quite a bit of the site but the pointer is just sending everything to that folder anyway.. hmm.
5. Changed it back to "define('ROOT_URL', 'http://mysite.mydomain.com/'); "  (but added the / at the end) and it worked.  Wierd thing is I had done this before with no effect.  So I guess breaking it a few times and correcting it was the key.

Thanks for the suggestions.

 

anything