Author Topic: The date edit bug in french (and i suppose in spanish...)  (Read 2674 times)

afro

• View Profile
The date edit bug in french (and i suppose in spanish...)
« on: January 07, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »
A topic was launched on the french forum concerning a pretty annoying date problem. But till now, no solution yet.

Here's the problem :

When creating a taks/milestone/event... no problem. The date we input is the one displayed correctly after saving.
But in the case we decide to edit the task/milestone... even not for changing the date, then it's save considering the UK system of dates mm/dd and not the dd/mm we use here.
An example. If I edit a task and give it 06/03, March 6th (either by writing directly the date or choosing it in the pop-up calendar), it saves as June 3rd. Once we understand the problem, we edit writing the contrary date but well... It can get messy if we don't think about it, especially when inputing days beyond the 12th.

A user, Oxydum, proposed some edits at that place :
lang.js on line 468, changing : 'date format alternatives'  to  :
     'date format alternatives' : 'd/m/y|j/n/Y|j/n/y|j/m/y|d/n/y|j/m/Y|d/n/Y',

But well, it didn't seem to solve anything.

Thank you for any idea.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: The date edit bug in french (and i suppose in spanish...)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 09:45:30 AM »
I'll report the bug. Can you tell me whether it happens on other types of objects besides tasks and milestones?

Thanks.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 11:35:30 AM »
Hi, we could reproduce the problem but the solution proposed by Oxydum solved it. Did you make the change on the french lang.js? The line on our files is 408.

afro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »
Indeed, it solved it. I thought I saved correctly his correction but that was not the case.
Thank you for your answer and sorry for wasting some of your time.

anything