A new beta version of OpenGoo is out: OpenGoo 1.2 beta! This is the first release towards OpenGoo 1.2. You can download it at http://downloads.sourceforge.net/opengoo/opengoo_1.2_beta.zip
This version is for testing and evaluation, not for production use. We count on your feedback so that we can release a stable product for version 1.2, in three weeks. You can report bugs at http://bugs.opengoo.org
and you can contact us for suggestions, comments, etc. here at the forums.
If you are a translator, now it's the best time to start updating translation files to version 1.2.
Whats new in 1.2:
- Importing and Exporting:
- Import/Export support for iCalendar files.
- Import company info from CSV files in addition to the existing contact import.
- Export contacts and companies to CSV files.
- Improved Email module:
- Added support for SSL connections
- Partial support for IMAP (you need the PHP imap extension)
- Assign email to more than one workspace.
- Comments for emails.
- Autocomplete email addresses.
- Email accounts configuration option to delete emails from the server after N days
- Spreadsheets integration
- An alpha version of the Spreadsheets module of OpenGoo. We hope to get to 1.2 final with a more functional Spreadsheets module.
- Automatize OpenGoo upgrade
- OpenGoo's upgrade now can download and install new versions with just one click. (Your webserver needs write permission on all OpenGoo files and folders).
- Cron events
- Some common procedures like checking email can be configured to be done by a cron job so that you don't have to do them manually, saving you time and improving the user experience (just refresh the email panel to get new email).
- Improved Content Object subscriptions
- Now you can subscribe other users to an object you create (be it a note, a document, etc.) and you will be notified when the object is created, modified, commented on or deleted.
- Enhanced custom properties
- Now you can add an unlimited amount of custom properties and you can see them on the object's view, as well as search them.
- Copy documents
- You can now create copies of a document.
- New system configuration options:
- Show/hide modules (notes, contacts, email, etc.)
- New user configuration options
- Allow to remember graphical interface state
- Choose initially selected workspace or remember last viewed workspace
- 12/24 hour format
- Start of work time
- User language
- Enable/Disable 'send email notification' checkbox for tasks.
- Files upload and download as a zip file
- Upload a zip containing multiple files and extract it inside OpenGoo.
- Zip multiple files in OpenGoo and download them as a zip file.
- Sort tags by name or number of occurences (including tag count).
- Edit timeslots.
- Improved Content Objects' history.
- Now it includes tagging, commenting, etc.
- Several usability improvements.
- Lots of bugfixes.