Author Topic: Tasks - Database  (Read 3004 times)

mrmango

• View Profile
Tasks - Database
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:31 pm »
Hi,

I am running a interface from Cerberus Helpdesk Software to create tasks in OpenGoo. I think I may be making a mistake on what is inserted into the DB when a new task is created. I have the table og_project_tasks. I am creating the correct values for a new task. Basically using the same default values as a new inserted unassigned task from the system. Are there any other tables I need to be looking at, as I cannot see the tasks within OpenGoo itself.

I am using this interface to handle large projects or service contracts. I create a flagged task within Cerberus, either from a e-mail or create a new service request. The flagged tasks are converted across to record time, attach documents and other materials together, something Cerberus does not do well. Basically if I have to convert a request into a task, that requires a "project", it gets put into OpenGoo... :)

Any one have any ideas?

Cheers

Mango

mrmango

• View Profile
Re: Tasks - Database
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 07:17:16 am »
Cannot see another table. I am guessing it must be a default value set in the table. Which file has the select for the tasks screen?

Cheers

mango

Hi,

I am running a interface from Cerberus Helpdesk Software to create tasks in OpenGoo. I think I may be making a mistake on what is inserted into the DB when a new task is created. I have the table og_project_tasks. I am creating the correct values for a new task. Basically using the same default values as a new inserted unassigned task from the system. Are there any other tables I need to be looking at, as I cannot see the tasks within OpenGoo itself.

I am using this interface to handle large projects or service contracts. I create a flagged task within Cerberus, either from a e-mail or create a new service request. The flagged tasks are converted across to record time, attach documents and other materials together, something Cerberus does not do well. Basically if I have to convert a request into a task, that requires a "project", it gets put into OpenGoo... :)

Any one have any ideas?

Cheers

Mango

Jwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:01:34 am »
It sure would be nice to see a response to this as well as my recent post in Questions.... http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=3566.msg13180#msg13180

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:39 am »
mrmango, check that link that Jwiz posted, my response is applicable to what you are doing.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Jwiz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 04:12:10 am »
What he probably missing at a minimum is og_workspace_objects.... you may already know this but the

I recommend that you interface with the application log, object subscriptions, as well as the tasks table. 

You can also go as far as messaging, notifications, reminders, etc. 

I'm planning on posting the relationships soon.

mrmango

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:51:37 pm »
Yeah, the other thread http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=3566.0 has what I need.

I'll drop in some results very soon.

Cheers

Mango