Author Topic: How to tell Feng version from database?  (Read 2148 times)

robbrandt

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
How to tell Feng version from database?
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »
I have an installation of Feng Office 1.7.x that got infected with a virus.  My security software detected it and deleted practically every file in the installation.  I am taking this opportunity to move it to a newer server and also upgrade to Feng 2.x.

Apparently I need to know exactly which version of Feng I have in order to take the correct upgrade path.  It's either 1.74 or 1.75.  If it's 1.74 I guess I need to upgrade to 1.75 first, then to 2.x.  If it's already 1.75 I can go straight to 2.x.  But how do I tell what version I have just from the database?  I have already looked at the values in the config table but don't see anything like that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mmccarn

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Re: How to tell Feng version from database?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 10:20:39 am »
I can't find anything as convenient as a "schema version" in my databases.

Perhaps you could:
- download 1.75
- locate the sql upgrade scripts, to identify the schema changes between 1.74 and 1.75 (or download both 1.75 and 1.74 and compare the sql scripts to create new databases)
- look for the new data items in your db: if you have them, you're at 1.75; if you don't, you're at 1.74.

...or, (perhaps simpler) - attempt to "upgrade" to v1.75 -- if the upgrader does something or not, you're done.