Author Topic: Opengoo Customization  (Read 3304 times)

sana

• View Profile
Opengoo Customization
« on: January 29, 2009, 06:06:45 am »
It’s a great product I must say.
I’ve few questions regarding the customization.

-How I can change the name of ‘Avatar’ to ‘Photo'  :)
-How I can remove ‘Time’ function from the main dashboard as Its not required in my work place and its confusing for users in terms of our work requirement.
-Is it possible to link Login credentials to LDAP?
-Hoe can I customize Email notifications?
Please reply.

Regards,
Sana

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Opengoo Customization
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:12:50 am »
-How I can change the name of ‘Avatar’ to ‘Photo
This can be changed in the language files ('language' folder). You can create a set of language files for yourself: e.g. en_sana, and here you can change whatever you want. If you change it directly on the en_us files your changes will be overwritten when you upgrade OpenGoo.
-How I can remove ‘Time’ function from the main dashboard as Its not required in my work place and its confusing for users in terms of our work requirement.
In version 1.2 you can disable the tab by going to Administration / Configuration / Modules.
-Is it possible to link Login credentials to LDAP?
Not yet but we plan to support it. There's a volunteer developer working on it. If you can help him I can contact you with him.
-Hoe can I customize Email notifications?
What do you want to customize? If it is the text that is displayed on the notification this can be edited by editing the language files or by editing files in 'application/views'. If you want to create new notifications, this requires some coding and depending on what you want to notify it could need many changes to the code.

Thanks for posting

sana

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 12:10:50 pm »
Thanks for the reposne.I've upgarded the Opengoo to 1.2 as you suggested,but its giving me following error under Administration/Configuration .Please suggest

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 02:47:17 pm »
If you followed my suggestion of creating a separate set of language files, then you are missing some translation keys in your new language files. You can check which ones you're missing by going in your browser to <your opengoo>/public/tools/checklang.php and selecting the locale you created.

sana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 04:31:23 am »
Hi, Thanks for your reply.Infact I have not created a separate lang file yet, but as suggested by you,when I checked the publick/tool/checklang.php in my browser, it gives attached error.I was tryint o fix it with 'translate opengoo' but it says its disable.Sorry to bother you again, infact im not a php person ,thats why i have limited knowledge of that.Could you please suggest what exactly im missing on checklang.php file.
Highly appreciate your response.
Thanks a million:)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 04:34:10 am by sana »

sana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 05:48:00 am »
Im also wondering one more thing.Despite of Disabling 'Time'  or any other module in Admin/Config/Module, is unable to hide any module, seems this function is not working at ll:(
Could you please suggest what exactly is the reason and what is the alternative to hide 'Time' module?

sana

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 07:57:28 am »
Hi, I'm able to fix the reported issues from Layout.js .Thanks for developing such a wondeful product:-d
Cheerz

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:05 pm »
Hi, those undefined indexes in your checklang are not important. It's just some PHP warnings.

What did you have to do to fix the problem with hiding modules?

Thanks.