Author Topic: install failed at db table creation  (Read 7205 times)

Grendel

• View Profile
install failed at db table creation
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:38:29 am »
Failed to import database construction. MySQL said: Column length too big for column 'url' (max = 255); use BLOB or TEXT instead

is what I get when installing the script. Curiously, the tables are all there. Opengoo won't work though. What's wrong?

G.

shalow

• View Profile
Re: install failed at db table creation
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 10:41:59 am »
same problem here.

maybe they have so little user base that it is a bug in the installation that no one discovered yet.

i am willing to help, but no one replies to my emails or the forum

shalow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:29:01 am »
> Hello,
>
> This is a mysql 4.1 problem. You can try to contact script's developer team and ask them what to do on mysql 4.1 servers.
> There is also a possibility to move you to the mysql 5.1 server, it can solve the problem.
>
> If you have further questions, please contact us, we are glad to be of service to you.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:00:41 pm »
Hello Shalow and Grendel!
Thanks to both for your feedback.
Just for the record. We know that the system is currently in production in several enterprises and none reported the bug. Of course you can still find bugs, specially under non-standard configurations, but we DO answer the forum. And we will continue answering....

So, first question. Shalow, where are you sending emails to? You can mail me personally at opengoo.org; my mailbox is marcos.saiz and I do answer emails in the day.

About your problem, since MySql 5.0.3, VARCHAR fields can be as long as 65.535 chars http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/char.html, but not in previous versions.

Quick solutions:
edit the file OPENGOO_INSTALLATION_DIR/public/install/installation/templates/sql/mysql_dbschema.php line: 567 replacing
`url` varchar(500) <?php echo $default_collation ?> NOT NULL default '',
with `url` text <?php echo $default_collation ?> NOT NULL
OR else
update your Mysql to the latest version.

Alternative solution:
wait until next week, when version 0.7 will be released with this fix and other major improvements.

Thanks again for your help.
Marcos

shalow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:27:13 pm »
i have been sending emails where the sending emails should go, when you look at your home page, we go to the "contact" link. and we click email.

so i guess contact@opengoo.org

i proposed to help by developing a french translation.

is it possible to have an error like :

you are using MySQL 4.x which do not, etc... instead of this error ?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 02:40:32 pm »
Great to hear you are willing to help! And yes, you can translate to french.
The language files are in the folder language in opengoo root. The entries have this shape: 'add client' => 'Add client', and you should change the right part to french. When you are done, send it to us and we will submit it.
We have a very incomplete version, which we can send by mail if you wish.

About the bug: thanks again for the feedback and "yes, you are right". It will be fixed in 0.7.

shalow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 03:22:49 pm »
will sure do.

by the way, the script doesn't work. it says there is a problem line 5 when i rerun it.

by the way, should i end the line with the same syntax or remove the '' from the end ?

shalow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 03:28:18 pm »
k fixed it.

i just replaced the varchar with text and left everything untouched.

also, you have to do that with notepad. cause wordpad messes things up.

opengoo is promising. but it's a shame it's being wasted by unproper web design and not enough precision from the developers team.

anyway, if anyone need some help with it, i'm here for that.

maybe we can incorporate some kind of client support system. where the clients send there support tickets and we resolve them.

just my 2 cents

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 08:44:45 pm »
shalow,

I am the one still in charge of replying e-mail sent to the contact address. Yesterday my notebook broke, so I've been slow with the e-mail (which, on the upside, allowed me to have longer chats with my buddies). So far I have replied every message received.

Glad to have you on board for the help. The French translation will be very welcome. I'll personally help you with that.

The 'unproper design' and 'not enough precision' claims are rather vague. Could you expand on that? We want to improve, and welcome every suggestion.

What is your suggestion for the support system? What is it that you don't like about the forum?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

shalow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 11:42:08 am »
the forums are good. SMF is just fine with me.

it's rather weird that you didn't receive my emails, but if there is a person on the other end of contact@opengoo.org, then fine. :)

opengoo is by far the best thing i've seen for now.

here is what i suggest :

have the language files in CSV format, or something easy to edit where i just have to press enter and type the french word, press enter again, type the word. using the mouse will make the translation slower. I can do that in excel and save back in csv and that way, the translation gets done faster by everybody.

have a support system, where clients have a login/pass and they can ask questions about the products we have / software we develop. Like a ticket system.

Lastly, try and improve the help/texts on this site. Making opengoo more "talkative" :

ie : features column, faq's, how'tos. etc...

just my 2 cents.

RandySmich

• ICQ Messenger - 177767187
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - college application essay writin
    • View Profile
    • write my essay reddit n90nfh
    • Email
write persuasive essay s32kuq
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 04:29:57 am »

Appreciate it, Loads of data! 
i don t want to do my homework coursework do my math homework online coursework
need someone to write my essay <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com">can i pay someone to do my essay</a> help me write a business plan for free