Author Topic: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office  (Read 308840 times)

bkautomation

• View Profile
Re: How to Add Gantt Charts (JSGantt) to Feng Office
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 04:14:20 am »
Hi!

I'm trying to add Gantt charts to our Feng office with this extension but I have problems getting them to show up. After I have edited the sql script (changed the delimiters), it executes ok, but when I navigate to Gantt chart's page and press "submit", the resulting page comes up short and php dies with sql error "Truncated incorrect INTEGER value: '90001.50001 ".

Any ideas how to get this to work?

I'm running MySQL 5.1.11, Feng Office 1.7 beta, and PHP 5.2.13.

meemoo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2010, 06:24:42 am »
I'm trying to add Gantt charts to our Feng office with this extension but I have problems getting them to show up.

I'm running MySQL 5.1.11, Feng Office 1.7 beta, and PHP 5.2.13.

Having a similar problem here using MySQL 5.1.45, Feng Office 1.6.2, PHP 5.2.11. The screen "Select data to include on Gantt" looks fine and I see my projects and resources. Clicking on one of the buttons doesn´t show any results - e.g. "Printer Friendly" just opens a blank window - no error messages.

For everybody using phpMyAdmin for the feng_gantt_11.2.sql attached you´ll find a version that works. Remember to set "$$" as delimiter when executing.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • MSN Messenger - sii_lookal@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2010, 10:07:07 am »
Having a similar problem here using MySQL 5.1.45, Feng Office 1.6.2, PHP 5.2.11. The screen "Select data to include on Gantt" looks fine and I see my projects and resources. Clicking on one of the buttons doesn´t show any results - e.g. "Printer Friendly" just opens a blank window - no error messages.

For everybody using phpMyAdmin for the feng_gantt_11.2.sql attached you´ll find a version that works. Remember to set "$$" as delimiter when executing.

You'll have to make at least one selection (workspace, resource, etc.) and then click the Submit button in order to see a Gantt chart.  If you see no chart then click "Printer Friendly" just to get the page in a window of its own (and not embedded in Feng Office) then view the page source.  If you can't see what's wrong with the data, cut and paste it into an e-mail if you're comfortable doing so and send it to me by PM or e-mail.  You can save room by just sending the part at the bottom of the page that has the g.AddTaskItem lines in it.  There are probably invalid embedded characters in the data.
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2010, 10:15:00 am »
... the resulting page comes up short and php dies with sql error "Truncated incorrect INTEGER value: '90001.50001 ".

Is it PHP dying, or JavaScript?
I am a volunteer moderator.  Any statements, opinions or observations I contribute are solely mine and are not necessarily shared by the makers of Feng Office.

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:22 pm »
I hope this helps.  If you have no chart at all after clicking Submit, there is an error in your data or with your security settings or something similar.

If you view the source of the page, you will see something like the following error message at the bottom of the page, and you can troubleshoot it more directly.

execute command denied to user 'username'@'%' for routine 'database.get_my_gantt'

meemoo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2010, 02:39:43 pm »
Yes, it rocks! Got the gantt-charts working now and everything looks great!
Thanks a lot for the support and your work!

allenlook

• Volunteer Moderator
    • View Profile
    • SI Group, Inc.
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2010, 02:40:46 pm »
Glad you got it sorted :D

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »
Hi, really cool work.

is it going to be at Feng 1.7 by defaul?

Daniel

moonmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2010, 07:41:07 pm »
I've managed to (finally) get the sql to run without errors but when I try to view the gantt chart I too get a blank window. I get the initial options panel with my workspaces listed  but nothing is displayed when I choose the 'Printer Friendly' button. If it helps here is the code from the actual blank gant chart window:

"<html><head><style type="text/css">tr#dateformatselector { display:none; }* { overflow:visible !important; }body { white-space:pre !important; }</style><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="jsgantt.css" /><script language="javascript" src="jsgantt.js"></script></head><body><div style="position:relative" class="gantt" id="GanttChartDIV"></div></body></html>"

I guess I must be doing something wrong somewhere. Any ideas?

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2010, 01:06:48 pm »
Hi, really cool work.

is it going to be at Feng 1.7 by defaul?

Daniel

Feng 1.7 is already in testing phase. It will make it for Feng 1.8.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
Bummer, I can;t get any of the

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS opengoo.get_my_workspaces;
CREATE PROCEDURE opengoo.`get_my_workspaces`();

statements to work regardless of how I setup the delimiter, I keep getting the

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

error. I see how people have gotten this to work, I simply cannot get it to work.

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2010, 07:02:41 pm »
I got the SQL correct. But now when I go  to create a GANTT chart, I'm not getting my data, the chart is connecting to

fengoffice.siigroup.com

I made the data base changes in index.php. Is there anywhere else it is connectting to fengoffice.siigroup.com instead of my database?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:15:48 pm by gman »

gman

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2010, 07:25:50 pm »
Found the error. The instructiosn say to add the following to public/assets/javascript/og

// AEL - Begin mod to add lab panel to Feng Office
      og.panels.lab = new og.ContentPanel({
         title: lang('labs'),
         id: 'labs-panel',
         iconCls: 'ico-labs',
         refreshOnWorkspaceChange: false,
         defaultContent: {
            type: 'html',
            data: '<iframe style="width:100%;height:100%;border:0" src="http://fengoffice.siigroup.com/application/views/lab/index.php"></iframe>'
         }
      }),
      // AEL - End mod to add lab panel to Feng Office

Notice that this brings in the index.php file from http://fengoffice.siigroup.com which not what we want. Change the src to point to the index.php file applicable to your configuration. After doing that everything worked.

Spoke too soon, not working. I can see the form to select the work spaces and users for the GANTT chart, but I can't actually produce the GANTT chart, when I submit I simply return to the same page.

Also, is it design so that an user can see all other users, or is there suppose to be some kind of security where an user should only see there work, or an admin could see everybody?.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:13:27 am by gman »

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2010, 03:03:10 am »
Hi, really cool work.

I work with GTD (Getting Things Done by David Allen) using FO as my high tech support software. Is really cool and help me a lot to my organization sistem. (I strongly recommend to read this book).

I have only one problem. When I select my task view, it shows me like 500 + task but only a 10% or less are important at the time because the rest are dependencies and they doesn't matter until I complete the first ones.

I saw you are working on dependencies and I was wondering if you can ad a "Next action" view in the task or in the chart tab. So, when you select the "Next action" view, only the task with all the dependencies completed where shown.

Thanks a lot.

damendieta

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2010, 03:20:34 am »

Feng 1.7 is already in testing phase. It will make it for Feng 1.8.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot. FO is a greate groupwhere and with chart (dependencies) will be just The Best.

Daniel.