Author Topic: Suggestions for contacts  (Read 3418 times)

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
Suggestions for contacts
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:26:03 pm »
Hi,

I'm a happy user of OpenGoo as told some times allready, but i also have some ideas/suggestions. The first I'd share are these two about contacts:

I think it would be usefull to be able to keep a kind of log of actions you have with contacts. This feature would exist of some parts:
  • Tima and date when the action was taken
  • What kind of action it was (email, sms, phoncall, ...)
  • A short description of the action
  • The person who undertakes the action
The ultimate extra would be to be able to plan actions and get it appear in the calendar (almost like tasks, no?)

The second suggestion I'd like to make, is to be able to put relationships between contacts and companies. This way, you can better build your network I think.

Hopefully those features will make is to the roadmap  ;D

PS How is the release cycle organised? What is the schedule? How can I help on the project? (I'm not a scripter, but more a man of thinking concepts and Project Management)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Suggestions for contacts
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:30:24 pm »
Good ideas. Yes, hopefully they'll make it to the roadmap. Personally, I want OpenGoo to become "more Social", and more CRMable.

I have just described our current release cycle (but in Spanish   :-\ ). Here is the link to the post in the Spanish forum. Maybe someone cares to help with its translation?  ::)
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

koko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:35:45 pm »
Hi,

I think to make OpenGoo more CRM'able, you should take a look at CiviCRM!! It is good!! Maybe there are too many features, but it can be a source of information  ;)

Can you also give me some suggestions on the last question of the PS?

How can I help on the project? (I'm not a scripter, but more a man of thinking concepts and Project Management)

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:45 pm »
Oh, yes, the most important question! :D

There are many ways you can contribute to OpenGoo.

1. OpenGoo is developed mainly by a company (Feng Office). Making use of its services is certainly a way of contribution.

2. OpenGoo wiki is a very useful source of help, documentation, and

3. The forum is a great resource too. Posting your ideas and replying to people when you feel you have an answer is enormous help to the community.

4. Testing beta versions and reporting bugs at the forum helps mature and improve OpenGoo.

5. If OpenGoo is not translated to your language you can help with translations. Translating OpenGoo is very easy (unless it is a RTL language).

6. Spreading the word. If you have a Web site (blog, forum, twitter account), tell your friends how pleased you are by OpenGoo, the software, and its charming community.  ;D

Those are the ones that pop up to mind right now. Yet, I am sure others will think of more ways to help.

Thank you!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:04:05 pm »
Here is another way to help! If you are using OpenGoo, and find it useful, you can nominate it for the 2009 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards.

;D

Daiver

• View Profile
    • Ahlera - Web design & development
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:14:35 pm »
Here is another way to help! If you are using OpenGoo, and find it useful, you can nominate it for the 2009 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards.

;D

Done!