Author Topic: Features appear to be missing  (Read 2932 times)

rapple

• View Profile
Features appear to be missing
« on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:35 am »
Choice of here or newbies, chose here.

I have a V 2 installation installed via Softaculous from my hosting company. Not sure what precise version or how to find out.
It's the community edition.
I'm exploring and liking in principle what I see - intention is to use for a community group.

I have two issues that are fairly fundamental to take this to a usage trial.
1. Permissions for workspaces and documents don't appear to be working as expected. I have documents created in a workspace by admin and other user non-admin users (executive and internal collab) cannot see anything other than their own.
2. Calendars aren't appearing for anyone in dashboard or list mode, in workspaces or generally.
    I've checked documentation and can't see much apart from one that references general setup - switch modules on and off within administration configuration. Only trouble there is that the super user doesn't get a module option under the administration configuration.

Calendars are part of Community edition aren't they? Comparison chart says so but all other documentation makes no distinction about versions.

... I also can't see any reporting, but this may be limited to calendar function anyway judging by the description under the FO Wiki.

Finally, can someone tell me where I can whinge about the captcha system on this forum. Maybe it's me and/or the colours but I had to start registration over twice because I couldn't match the sequence, even though piecing through all the views I'd swear it was correct. It still took 5 attempts to get a match. The obscuring is somewhat aggressive!

rapple

• View Profile
Re: Features appear to be missing
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:30:31 am »
OK, Calendar issue solved. Thanks kils.

The old modules settings under configuration are now the tab settings on the administration home page.

Just the permissions to go.

rapple

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 05:10:21 pm »
Well, that was an intro and a half to a product. Didn't expect to have to patch code just to try it out!

Turns out that there is a bug with saving user permissions in the current Community edition. Not entirely sure of the scope of it, but it certainly manifests itself on Unix hosts like the one I'm using.

See thread here for details: http://forum.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=19185.0

Fortunately the referenced patch does fix the issue, so if like me you are just trying out the Community Edition it will get you up and running. Whether it's good for a production site like this I don't know.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »
Hello there!

Glad to know everything went fine, however, as for the patch for the permissions, that issue only happened to people whose servers were not supporting certain features (not our case so we did not experience it under the testing instances), but its fix has been included in the versions that came out later on.

On the other hand, if you would like to give it a go to the Professional Edition and see some of its very useful features, you may do it here: demo.fengoffice.com

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!