Author Topic: Task progress  (Read 1964 times)

gt

• View Profile
Task progress
« on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:44 am »
Hi!

First of all, opengoo is cool!  :D  We use to track our projects and we are happy with it.

Only one thing i really miss is the ability to set progress to tasks.
Now we have pending / completed states, but nothing between. So progress is state, including the pending/completed also.
By progress: 0%, 10%, 20%... 80%, 90% can mean the detailed "pending" state. So can show that the tack is actually in progress or not. The 100% progress means, task is completed, so the "Complete" buttons should set progress to 100%, the "Reopen" to 0%.
Progress can be set by adding "new progress" property to timeslots (work), or just manually, like closing/reopening now.

The task-progress can calculated into milestone progress, so can view more detailed value (other missing feature is the non-scaling milestone progress by estimated time, when set up to all task, but it's minor thing).

Ok, i got the idea of Milestone and it's automatically calculated progress by opened/closed sub-tasks, so our current solution is that we create lots of subtasks. So that is what we not always wants to decrease administration time.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:19:11 am by gt »

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Task progress
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:39 pm »
Hello GT,

Thanks for posting your ideas.
It looks pretty interesting. Would you be willing to sponsor it?

gt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:10:06 am »
This is not my decision, but of course, i'll ask for this.

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 09:33:04 am »
Great.
Just let me know ...