Author Topic: Tags for users and contacts  (Read 2828 times)

kaktyc

Tags for users and contacts
« on: February 13, 2013, 02:19:57 pm »
Hi!

I have a question regarding users and contacts.

When I add contact, I can assign him a tag like "manager" or "tech support". So, for example, when I need to select from contacts all managers assigned to project I simply select desired project and the tag from little windows on the left.

But I can't do the same with users. I can't tag them. Link "Related to" is absent.

Moreover, when I create user from contact, my tags disappear from that contact. And I can't view that person when I select tag.

Is this a feature or a bug?

potion

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • WorkgroupBase
Re: Tags for users and contacts
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 11:15:57 am »
I first noticed this in V2.2.3.1.

I think it's a bug.

You can still relate users to a Workspace using drag-and-drop, but you cannot break the relationship.  You also cannot drag the Person object to the Workspace parent folder to assign them to none/all.

I personally think that adding 'People' as a dimension and keeping them as a objects in a Tab panel has added a degree of complexity to the query logic, and the developers are still doing battle with it!

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »
Potion is right, we are still struggling with this and improving this section.

Next release will have some changes here, but we still have a lot of things in mind to work on!

Stay tuned!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

pasnox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »
Same problems here.
We can assigna tag to a contact, but once they become a user all tags diseappear.
But i noticed that once a contact is a user, then we can stil assigna workspace / tags by dragging them on tags / workspace, but we can't remove once added.

By the way i also noticed that for unknow raeson to me, sometimes a suer can only be disable, or only be deleted, sometimes he can be disable and deleted, and sometimes none of them!

Any hint on that ? thanks.

Please fix all that ;)

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:15:10 pm »
May be it gets solved in the next version as I am aware my colleagues have done some changes here too.

Users can be deleted when he has done nothing within the system.
If he has done something, he can be disabled only (not to corrupt anything)

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!