Author Topic: Error : Plugin cannot ... dummy.txt ...  (Read 3230 times)

jimng

• View Profile
    • Email
Error : Plugin cannot ... dummy.txt ...
« on: July 26, 2010, 02:45:21 am »
Hi,  I am a newbie trying to evaluate Feng office for my client.  I followed the instructions carefully and everything went well into Step 4 -

After tables are created and initial data have been imported, I encountered an error at step 4 which says something like "Error : Plugin cannot ... dummy.txt ... ".  I can't remember what was the actual error message, but it brought me back to the Step 1 of the installation, instead of the admin account creation process.

Trying to re-run the installation will get stopped at Step 4 with the following error and it will loop back to step 1.

Failed to import database construction. MySQL said: Table 'og_administration_tools' already exists

I checked on my installation that mysql supports innodb, 84 tables created ...

What could be my problem ?  Seems like this is a one-off as I could not see other similar problem reported on this forum.  Thanks in advance for any help ....

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Error : Plugin cannot ... dummy.txt ...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:20:35 am »
I would try clearing all tables and retrying.
Take notes of the error.

jimng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:36:15 am »
I have encountered the same installation problem after creating a new folder and dropping all the tables in the mysql db.

The errors I encountered are as follows :

Database connection has been established successfully
InnoDB storage engine is supported
Tables created in 'pplaysg_feng'. (Executed queries: 84)
Initial data imported into 'pplaysg_feng'. (Executed queries: 11)
Failed to execute plugin: ._dummy.txt. MySQL said: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

FYI: My MySQL Server version: 5.0.90-community

Step 2: Environment checks

OK: PHP version is 5.2.9
OK: 'mysql' extension is loaded
OK: 'gd' extension is loaded
OK: 'simplexml' extension is loaded
OK: /config is writable
OK: /cache is writable
OK: /upload is writable
OK: /tmp is writable

alvarotm01

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:36:14 pm »
This is happening because the installer executes every file found in "/public/install/installation/templates/sql/plugins/" except dummy.txt.
In this folder you have a file named "_dummy.txt" so the installer is trying to execute it.
Remove the underscore from the beggining of that filename (so that the installer will ignore it) and try again.

You may not need to install again, because these files (found in "plugin" folder) are excetued after the normal scripts, so everything should have gone ok. But in order to clear any possible mistakes it would be good to run the installer again.

jimng

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 05:17:04 am »
Thanks ALOT.  I think I introduced those additional files when I unzipped within MacOSX and then copied it directly into my site folder.