Author Topic: How do I import my openGoo DB content into fresh installation? backup = error  (Read 5424 times)

stubenhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
hello!

I had a fine running 1.0 openGoo installation. After the update to 1.1 everything went wrong.

Status at the moment:

- cannot logIn over Startpage (I get a blank page)
- can only logIn over a deeplink to a task – but get an error ("Error 405 : Method not allowed")
- cannot save new documents ("An Error occured while saving the document")
- cannot backup ("Error while creating Database backup. Check MYSQLDUMP_COMMAND constant")
- cannot click overview ("internal server error")
- cannot create a new User ("query failed with message 'unknown Column project ID in Field List' ")

I can read and access every file, but i cannot work with them. i could of course cut'n'paste the whole damn thing, but, please .... there must be another way!

i made a backup of my working 1.0 installation and now i just want a fresh openGoo 1.0, like it once was!!! :'( :'( :'(

I am not very experienced with database handling (to be honest: not AT ALL), so what I tried was, to install the opengoo 1.0 once again, and when asked for the name of the MYSQL Database, I put in the name and password etc of the old database - of course this didn't work.

I hope somebody can help me or give me an idea what to do!!!

ignacio

• View Profile
Hi, what did you do to upgrade to 1.1? The procedure to follow is this one:
1) Download the ZIP file for 1.1
2) Extract the contents of the 'opengoo' folder in the ZIP file to your installation
3) Go to <your opengoo>/public/upgrade
4) Choose to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1

If you missed steps 3 and 4 your database structure won't match what your scripts expect, and so all kinds of errors can arise.

If you made the backup from OpenGoo's Administration, then you have a zip file that contains all of your OpenGoo installation and a db.sql file. You have to extract the OpenGoo installation  to where you want it to be (e.g. where it was before), and then you need to execute the db.sql file. How you do this depends on what tools you have. The easiest way would be to run this command in the command line:
Code: [Select]
mysql --user=<db_user> -p <db_name> < db.sqlChange <db_user> for the database user that you used for the installation and <db_name> for the name of the database that you used. It will prompt you for the user's password.
Other ways of executing this script are through phpMyAdmin or through MySQL GUI Tools.

Hope this helps.

stubenhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
well, i guess i made some mistakes ...  :(

- I didn't make the backup from openGoods Administration, i just renamed the folder
- I did'nt know that you can unzip folders directly on the server

but here is what i did exactly:

1. I downloaded the zip-file for 1.1
2. I unpacked the zip on my desktop (mistake nr. 1?)
3. I renamed my "openGoo"-folder on the server to "openGoo_backup" (mistake nr. 2?)
(i didn't think of/didn't remember there was a backup-funktion in openGoo)
4. I uploaded the unzipped "openGoo1.1"-Folder to my server
5. I renamed the uploaded folder to "openGoo"
6. i copied the "config" and "uploads" folder from my "openGoo_backup" to the new "openGoo"-folder on my Server
7. I run the update via openGoo/public/upgrade - "succesfull"

everything was fine for the moment, but later i got the 405 Error and then a blank screen, so i tried to go back to the older version by just renaming my "openGoo_backup" (= 1.0) back to "openGoo".

I am a Mac-user and I don't know what the command line is.
But i have phpMyAdmin running on my server.

Can i save my projects in any other way?

thanks a lot,
stubenhacker

ignacio

• View Profile
Hi,

What you did should have worked, ecxcept that you should have also copied your old 'public/files' folder to your new openGoo folder. Also try to refresh the browser so that you are sure you are using the new javascript.

So try to get to a point were you have your old stuff (config file, upload folder, public/files folder, and database) with the new code (opengoo 1.1). If you get there and you are getting errors we'll try to find out together what is causing the error. Edit file 'config/config.php' so that you change the DEBUG option to 'true'. This should give you more info about errors.

Ignacio

stubenhacker

• View Profile
    • Email
thanks a lot, this seems to work.

But:
I still get the "Error 405: Method not allowed" after LogIn.

(update:
Change line 5 of file 'public/assets/javascript/og/HelpPanel.js' to:
Code: [Select]
data: 'dummy.php'

this fixed my problem, no more 405, thanks a lot!)

installation ended with the following error: "Failed to execute DB schema transformations. MySQL said: Duplicate entry 'enable_email_module' for key 2"
allthough I did not upgrade from 1.1 beta!

so it was only the missing public/files-folder which i did'nt replace with my old one?
maybe somebody should change the readme.txt in the opengoo1.1 package?

this is what it says now:
1. Backup you current installation (important !)
2. Download OpenGoo 1.1 - http://www.opengoo.org/
3. Unpack into your OpenGoo installation, overwriting your previous files and folders, but keeping your config and upload folders.
5. In your browser, go to <your_opengoo>/public/upgrade and choose to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1.
Note: If upgrading from 1.1 beta you'll get some database errors. Just ignore them.
6. If necessary, refresh your browser or clear its cache so that the new javascript, css and images load.

- how should i know, that i have to keep my public/files folder?
- there is a "4." missing  ???

anyway, thanks a lot, i hope this still works tomorrow, because it worked like this for one day, when i installed it the first time... :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:35:29 pm by stubenhacker »