Author Topic: New OpenGOO Install - Set up ADMIN User  (Read 5262 times)

datagog

• View Profile
    • Email
New OpenGOO Install - Set up ADMIN User
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:46:35 pm »
I got past the rash of angles and errors most reported and got to the install and CONFIG page (where you create the ADMIN user.  I did this and then when I try to login I get nothing (and I know the account and PW I used.)  Didn't know the GMAIL limitation at that point and yes I did give the ADMIN account a GMAIL address so I can't recover.  I tried to restart the process to no avail.  Can I delete the entries in CONFIG files or what should I do to get logged in?

datagog

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New OpenGOO Install - Set up ADMIN User
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:10:55 pm »
Don't know if I should add (or not?)

But I'm in Linux immersion now, using it every day.  It's sink or swim and I'm late to the party.  Apologies in advance for ignorance and stupid mistakes.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 05:55:16 pm »
That Gmail issue that you talk about is with the Email module (which allows you to check your emails and sen emails throug OpenGoo, saving them in Workspaces, with tags, etc.).

The email address of an administrator or any other user can be any valid email address, so Gmail is fine.

If you want to start the install process again just make the config/config.php file return false (by changing the line that reads "return true" to "return false".

Before doing that change the DEBUG config option to true on the config.php file and see if it now prints any error messages.

datagog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 06:25:12 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!

I did that (changed TRUE to FALSE, set DEBUG to TRUE) now I get this:

"Failed to import database construction.  My SQL said: Table 'og_administration_tools' already exists."

Next?  (Can you tell I really want to play with OpenGoo?)

man2004

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 10:57:37 pm »
Try following:

1. Login to mysql

2. Assume your database name is opengoo. Enter

DROP database opengoo;

3. Exit mysql

Go over the install process again.

datagog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 01:01:35 pm »
Again thanks for the reply, definitely the "right track" response, however, I couldn't drop the DB, had to go in and drop all the tables first, (leaving the empty instance name) and then re-running.  Worked like a charm, leaving me to surmise (it must have been my mistake.)  Happily Goo-ing!  Thanks all.