Author Topic: Email Search Results Should be Removeable  (Read 2769 times)

spectra

• View Profile
Email Search Results Should be Removeable
« on: December 17, 2009, 02:57:28 am »
If I search for some emails meeting a certain search criteria, the results that come back should be shown such that you can click on them all and delete them.

See, I had some 400 emails brought into OG. I then recalled some were log emails I don't want. I searched and found 100 plus. I wasn't able to act on the search result in anyway. I had to look through all pages of emails in OG and put check next to them and then delete.

Please add this functionality. Seems like the search should just show the results in that same email window. I can then click the check box at the top and select all. I can then move to trash.  How cool is that :) AWESOME BABY!!!
Spectra - OG Wanna Be | Down since 1.5.3 | Steady rollin with 1.6

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Email Search Results Should be Removeable
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 03:10:20 am »
That might be fine for emails only, but what about other object types like notes that can come up in a search.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

spectra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 04:13:01 am »
Yes..email only was my thought. I suppose then there should be a way to qualify the search to just email only.

An alternative approach could be to apply a filter on emails only that would yield a list matching my criteria. I can then mass check and move to trash.

Would that be doable ?
Spectra - OG Wanna Be | Down since 1.5.3 | Steady rollin with 1.6

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 09:56:01 am »
Not only deleting, but there are other functions missing in search, like drag and drop, tagging, etc.

I think that the search results page should be like the "Overview" / "View as list" page. And we should add to both a drop down filter by object type. What do you think?

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 12:51:36 pm »
A simple solution might be to add a custom filter box to the email tab.

Currently we have:
Filter: [By State]
           [View All ]
           [Read     ]
           [Unread ]

How about:
Filter: [By State]
           [View All ]
           [Read     ]
           [Unread ]
           [my custom title 1]
           [my custom title 2]
           [+ Custom Filter]

If + Custom Filter is selected then a popup opens that allows you to give the filter a title and set a few parameters like: to, from, subject string, body string, tags, maybe some relative dates like 'last 7 days', 'last 30 days' etc., and a checkbox to "Make filter available to other users" which would by default be unchecked.

Submitting the form in the popup adds the filter to your drop down list.  Of course there would need to be an additional link (and corresponding page) to allow you to edit and manage your filters.