Author Topic: Another minor annoyance  (Read 2812 times)

Pontiac

• View Profile
Another minor annoyance
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:34:25 pm »
When working on a very long document that spans pages, if I scroll up a few pages or to the near beginning of the document, then press ENTER to insert a new line, what displays in the document ends up scrolling down to the bottom of the page.  However, the cursor stays in the same spot, so if I start typing, the window scrolls back up to where the cursor is.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Another minor annoyance
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 10:59:48 am »
I didn't quite understand how to reproduce this problem. I start with a document with several lines, then I scroll to the beginning (how? by dragging the scrollbar? by pressing the UP key?), then I press ENTER (this adds a new line where the cursor is) and then I start typing? This worked fine for me.

Thank you for any more info.

Pontiac

• View Profile
Re: Another minor annoyance
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:36:07 pm »
Alright, let me clarify.

I have a document thats about 6 pages long.  If I scroll to the top of the document, using the scroll bar, select where I want to start editing, then press ENTER, the page immediately goes right to the bottom of the document.  If I press another key, be it ENTER, SPACE, a character, or whatever, the document scrolls back to where the cursor is, USUALLY as being the very first line.

After I wrote this, I noticed just general odd behaviors with this editor.  If I use the scroll bar and scroll back and forth a few lines (Not pages), if I use the mouse, select where I want to start editing, press ENTER, the page ends up being centered to where the cursor is, regardless if I moved the cursor to the top or bottom of the current page.  I do not see odd behaviors happen when I'm using just the keyboard.  It seems only to happen when I use the mouse to do some panning around.