Author Topic: Editing Documents  (Read 4059 times)

kpimichael

• View Profile
    • Email
Editing Documents
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:56:28 pm »
I have created two users called: bob and joe.    Both have read/write access to a workspace called: Shared_Documents.

I signed on as bob...and created a document called: standards.html
I then signed on as joe and tried to edit the document.   When i try to save, i get the standard message....Feng could not ....

I looked in the errorlog and this is what i see the following but it does not tell me why it rolled back.     I am assuming i have a permissions problem in how i have defined the users, the workspace, or something else.   Anyone know what i am doing wrong?      Thanks for looking

#0 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(272): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('ROLLBACK', NULL)

#1 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(346): AbstractDBAdapter->execute('ROLLBACK')

#2 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(261): AbstractDBAdapter->rollback()

#3 /home/systems/office/application/controllers/FilesController.class.php(645): DB::rollback()

#4 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(76): FilesController->save_document()

#5 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('save_document')

#6 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/Env.class.php(133): PageController->execute('save_document')

#7 /home/systems/office/init.php(163): Env::executeAction('files', 'save_document')

#8 /home/systems/office/index.php(9): require('/home/systems/...')

#9 {main}

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Editing Documents
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:29:38 am »
Hello, that problem is not because of permissions problems in the users.. may be in the files, but if you were able to write files, you should be able to rewrite them. Is there anything else in the log? Otherwise, you may start looking at the code why is it failing there.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

kpimichael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 01:05:31 pm »
I tried to edit a txt file that i saved in documents...   The only message i receive is: "
Error:  An error occurred while saving the document"  There is nothing in the log file at all.    Has Anyone seen this phenomenon?    Other documents i can edit fine as log as i created them.   This one i created...but it still wont let me edit it.

kpimichael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:15:17 pm »
Still a mystery to me why some documents are not allowing me to edit them once created.    I built a brand new document and tried to edit it after saving successfully.     I get the general message..."Feng....a message is being sent to the administrator" .   So i go and look at the log.php file and i see this message

--------------
Session "default" started at 2011-01-06T17:03:23+0000

#1 ERROR: Error: fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) in '/home/systems/office/library/swift/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php' on line 233 (error code: 2)

#2 FATAL: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'Query failed with message 'MySQL server has gone away'' in /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php:386

Stack trace:

#0 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(272): AbstractDBAdapter->prepareAndExecute('ROLLBACK', NULL)

#1 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/adapters/AbstractDBAdapter.class.php(346): AbstractDBAdapter->execute('ROLLBACK')

#2 /home/systems/office/environment/library/database/DB.class.php(261): AbstractDBAdapter->rollback()

#3 /home/systems/office/application/controllers/FilesController.class.php(645): DB::rollback()

#4 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/controller/Controller.class.php(76): FilesController->save_document()

#5 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/controller/PageController.class.php(62): Controller->execute('save_document')

#6 /home/systems/office/environment/classes/Env.class.php(133): PageController->execute('save_document')

#7 /home/systems/office/init.php(163): Env::executeAction('files', 'save_document')

#8 /home/systems/office/index.php(9): require('/home/federalt/...')

#9 {main}

Time since start: 30.724818944931 seconds

------------------------------

Very Strange, to have an error on fsockopen in trying to reach smtp.gmail.com since (1) i am trying to save a file...not got anything to do with mail and (2) I have no email setups that use gmail at all...just to be sure something was not amiss...i looked in the database to see if there was a corrupted email entry...there was not...nothing is going to gmail in any way"

Just to make sure it was not timing out and causing a fake error or something.... i added the following to the php.ini file which should be enough for about anything.

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
post_max_size = 10M
upload_max_filesize = 10M 
max_input_time = 60   ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 60M      ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (normally about 8MB)

Anyone have any suggestions... this is driving me nuts...

kpimichael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 02:23:25 pm »
Does anyone know what the permissions are supposed to be in upload directory and all the subordinate directories?   Mine are currently set for example for one file path as the following:
/public_html/systems/office/upload/001/425/e21/bb13c743e2070cf9b2d952a266ea716

upload                755
   01                     755
       425               755
           e21           755
                    e21/bb13c743e2070cf9b2d952a266ea716                        644

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:57:33 am »
Well, the gmail connection issue is very odd. Have you set your installation to send notifications to the users through a gmail account? Otherwise, if you have not set any gmail account at all, it makes no sense at all.. Where have you downloaded your Feng Office version from? The links provided by us, right? Which one is it by the way?

Regarding the file permissions, I would try 755 for all of the contents in the upload folder.. may be even 777 if needed.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

kpimichael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 01:21:51 pm »
 ;D  Well, YOU found the mystery of the gmail.   It was a fat finger slipup on the configuration...and gmail was in there.    I feel like a dummy after searching all the user profiles and doing a database dump and search before i found it.   

That is what happens when you know something is not supposed to be there...you have a hard time finding it.   :P     Still working on the file permission problem, i suspect it will be a similar thing...i goofed somewhere.. :'(

Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 06:36:29 am »
Have you tried?

You can get more information about the lost connections by starting mysqld with the --log-warnings=2 option. This logs some of the disconnected errors in the hostname.err file.
on
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html