Author Topic: Task BUG  (Read 4799 times)

forestcall

• View Profile
Task BUG
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:53:24 am »
Hi all-

With the tasks there seems to be no obvious way to create a new task-

You can make a form and the click "submit" which will add a task to a specific task list.

So if a customer is adding a Task there should be a simple drop-down selection with the farious types of tasks.

Essentially using similar features as a task manager such as Mantis or Flyspray would be a useful way to display tasks in OpenGoo

---- ----------
I dont want to start making major code changes without some feedback from the lead developers of this project :-)

Thanks!!!

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
Re: Task BUG
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:24:41 am »
Hello forestcall,
Sorry for the delay. Including task types is within our roadmap. But I am not quite sure this is the only thing you need.
Do you wish to include the ability to add task lists from a form?
That sounds interesting ... please share the modifications with us.
Marcos

forestcall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:46:06 am »
Hi-

We are adding a task "type"-

We are a web development company making mostly websites-

For example:

Task Type: Menu Error
                     Content
                     Script Bug/Error
                     Template Issue
                     Server Issue
                     Module Error

So we will make a link in the config area and it will be the third link called "Task Type" and the link will lead to a few settings for the Task Type.

On the Task Type page you will be able to add task types that will show up as a Drop-Down on the actual tasks.

THE MAIN QUESTION:

How do we contribute the code to help you?

Thanks!

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 12:18:34 pm »
Matt,

There are a couple of issues on this post:

1. The "type" attribute for the task.
From my view, a good thing. Maybe we should implement a mechanism to vote for whether new functionality should be added to a standard installation, or be left as add-ins (and then, we should have an elegant way to make plug-ins).

2. Contributing code
Currently, core developers all know each other, so it is -fairly- easy to cooperate on the code. We constantly seek to grow the community so that OpenGoo could benefit from the real power of Open Source: its community.

We do not have much experience with other mainstream Open Source projects, so we are open to suggestions on how to policy and pursue contributions.

We wan OpenGoo to realize its full potential!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

RandySmich

• ICQ Messenger - 177767187
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - college application essay writin
    • View Profile
    • write my essay reddit n90nfh
    • Email
help me write my thesis z23gtp
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 07:00:12 pm »

Terrific content. Thanks.
<a href="https://dissertationwritingtops.com/">dissertation def</a> phd paper <a href="https://helpwritingdissertation.com/">dissertation writing service</a> dissertation writing services reviews
need someone to write my essay <a href="https://bestmasterthesiswritingservice.com">can i pay someone to do my essay</a> help me write a business plan for free