Author Topic: Users have no tabs  (Read 3542 times)

petschek

• View Profile
Users have no tabs
« on: June 15, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »
I installed 2.6.1 on a synology diskstation.  When the super administrator (the account that was set up as part of the install), logs in I get a dashboard with a column to the left showing workspaces and contacts, and a dashboard with Overview , Documents, Tasks ... tabs.
I then added other users , but when I tried to change permissions for those users everything seemed to work but when I called the permissions tab up it was in its original state.  In addition when I logged in as one of the added users, those accounts had the column on the left with the workspaces, but nothing was displayed in the "dashboard".

Any clues?

Thanks
Mark

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Users have no tabs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »
It is an old thread, but nonetheless wanted to reply to it:
Seems like there is an issue with the permissions you have set. Either they are not being correctly set up, or there could be server problems preventing the permissions from persisting.

I would give it a go with the latest version available of FO, and otherwise, if you need further and official assistance from our Team, feel free to send me a private message.

Best,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Stihotvor

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 06:59:39 am »
It is interesting for me too. Can somebody give an issue on that?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 05:07:08 pm »
Hi @Stihotvor.

Was this issue solved with the other post you commented on?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Stihotvor

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 03:33:57 am »
Nope. Same story.
When I create Super Admin account, it also has no tabs untill I change any tick in tabs setting (Administration). Then this tabs appear. All the rest of acoounts (except Super admin) cannot see anything, nor contacts, nor workspaces, nether tags or tabs.
Also when I change permissions manualy, it looks like they are not working and not saving.
I'm using 2.7.1.6 which I installed with CPanel of my Hosting. Should I try FO 3? In Softaculus we have only 2.7.1.6. And it makes backups every day. If i install without softaculus, I will get no backups. But if FO 3 realy works, i'll figure it out.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 01:21:40 pm »
Hi Stihotvor,

Feng Office 3.0 rc2 is working quite well now (we have been using 3.0 internally since before the first beta).

With regards to the permissions, do you have the following line in the config.php file?

Code: [Select]
define('SAVE_PERMISSIONS_IN_BACKGROUND', true);
If you do, and your server does not allow the 'exec' function, that could be it.

I'll write a post about this issue, as it has affected others.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 01:38:53 pm »
Here is the new topic about this issue:
http://forum.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=19956.msg38565