Author Topic: Fail-over for FO  (Read 3304 times)

wmcheung

• View Profile
    • Email
Fail-over for FO
« on: March 07, 2011, 01:24:58 am »
I am designing a fail-over plan.

My plan is installing FengOffice in Machine A and Machine B and setup MySQL Cluster in both machines. Machine A is the master and Machine B is the backup in case of Machine A failure.

If the documents can store separately, I would like to store the documents in Machine C. Then, I can setup some backup procedures for the actual documents. No matter Machine A or Machine B also can retrieve the documents in Machine C.

As using MySQL Cluster can only protect the data stored in database, thus, I hope the documents can save in another location.

Is it possible?

And FengOffice recommends using MySQL with InnoDB. However, if I would like to use MySQL cluster 7.1.X, it seems to be not supporting InnoDB? Please help, any suggestion?

wmcheung

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fail-over for FO
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:18:54 am »
Why the post disappear from the "Question" List?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:55 am »
Theoretically, yes, it can be done. But you need to have servers knowledge.

Regarding the engine, we do use InnoDB, no idea what would happen if you change it for the 7.1.X

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

Blinkiz

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 04:31:18 am »
Hi there
Though I give some suggestions.  :P

Use DRBD for database/files and anycast for IP address. When machine A goes down, machine B can take over directly.
We are using this setup on critical services that has not HA built in. We are not using this for Feng because it's not so critical for us. It can be down 1 hour without problem.

wmcheung

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:42:43 am »
Hi Blinkiz,

Thanks for you suggestion.

I may use Heartbeat to handle the switch over process when the server failure. Now, I worry whether MySQL Cluster can work with FengOffice.