Author Topic: New language not showing up  (Read 2831 times)

donty

• View Profile
    • Email
New language not showing up
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:56 am »
Hi all!

I have been working on the translation tools (/public/tools) to add an en_gb localization.

I have ensured that language directory was writable, copied the en_us directory and en_us.php file to en_gb equivalents but I only see an additional en_us version in the configuration settings available. Ownership was set for the apache2 user so should be infinitely readable by the service!

The php file has no reference to the language, the directories seem correct so something else must need to be changed.

Must be something simple that I missed?  

Anyone help?

PS I see there is a language section, still couldnt find an answer there but please feel free to move the post there if needed!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:12:11 am by donty »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New language not showing up
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:16:44 am »
Hi there! That is quite odd.. Have you checked this thread yet and followed the link there for further information? Have you checked all the permissions are fine?
Otherwise, you may actually copy the en_us files and change them with a notepad program

Thanks in advance for your contribution!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

donty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:05:05 am »
Hi Francisco

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I checked those out first and used the information to get to where I have.

Just to be clear, in the language tool area, ie to change the content of the new language files, en_gb shows up fine, it is in the user preferences where they set their locale that there are two en_us options rather than one en_us and one en_gb. When I select the 2nd en_us it delivers the edited language files correctly.  The same is true for the default user preferences setting.

Just cant get the en_gb to show correctly named!

Thanks again

Kevin

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 01:19:30 pm »
Hi Kevin,

Have you made a file named 'en_gb' which goes inside the folder 'language'?

This file should contain this:
Code: [Select]
<?php

// Are we in Localization class? If not break!

if(!isset($this) || !($this instanceof Localization)) {
    throw new 
InvalidInstanceError('$this'$this'Localization'"File '" __FILE__ "' can be included only from Localization class");
  } 
// if

?>

And then, have you made the '_config.php' file inside the 'en_gb' folder which should contain something like this?

Code: [Select]
<?php
return array(
'_language_name' => 'English (U.K.)',
'_ext_language_file' => 'ext-lang-en-min.js',
);
?>

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

donty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 01:45:31 pm »
Hi  Francisco

Thanks for your help.  Yep, that was the bit I was missing, the _config.php.

I didnt see it mentioned in the FAQ/guide anywhere but I could/should have grep'd for the string and found it.

I will carry on and anglosize the files, us UK bods like our idiosyncratic language differences ;-)

Let me know if you or anyone ever want a copy.

Kevin

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 02:07:28 pm »
Great news!
Once it is done, if you do not mind please upload a zipped file to this thread (or send it to me through pm) so we can add it later on in a future release.

Best regards,
Francisco