Author Topic: Workspace specific mail-accounts  (Read 6752 times)

stefan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Workspace specific mail-accounts
« on: July 14, 2009, 01:12:22 pm »
Hi there,

we are currently trying Opengoo 1.5 beta3.

What we are missing is the functionality to have workspace specific mail accounts.

In some detail: We are using an IMAP server as our primary mail server and each user has built up mostly the same IMAP folder structure over the last years

->INBOX
      ->Projects
           ->Project1
           ->Project2
           ->Project3
->SENT
->TRASH

because of several things we want to keep the mail sorting and ordering on the IMAP server.

On the OpenGoo side we are working with the following workspace tree

->All
    ->Projects
          ->Project1
               ->Mail, Notes, Tasks, Documents
          ->Project2
          ->Project3

Now the mail accounts created in OpenGoo seems not to be workspace specific, meaning all mails will be at first state saved in the "All" workspace and need to be moved to the specific workspace by hand.

Idea1:
What we would really like to see is the possibiliy to have the option to select the specific workspace for each IMAP folder. So that every downloaded mail from the specific IMAP folder will be automatically saved in the corresponing workspace.

Idea2:
One could think of making the mail accounts workspace specific, meaning in the example we would create an mail account in workspace "Project1" and configure this account to download the mails of the IMAP folder "Project1". Sure one would have to configure one mail accounts in OpenGoo for every IMAP folder.

Despite of the Ideas above it would be great to have the option that sent mails out of OpenGoo would be copied to the SENT folder on the IMAP server linked to the specific mail account of the workspace they were written in.

We would definately like to see such a features in the upcoming OpenGoo Versions.

Best wishes

Stefan

mencom

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Workspace specific mail-accounts
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:43:51 pm »
Totally agree with this! I consider this as a standard feature. I was allready adding e-mail account to different workspaces, but they all end up at "All"

Candyman

• ICQ Messenger - 146707046
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:46:47 am »
Function "auto mail filter" or "mail attachment to the project" is needed. Or better, both at once  ::)
OG 1.5.2 / PHP5 / Apache2 / MySQL5 / FF3
progressbar + backup + html2doc

hruendel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:57:16 pm »
That is a very good idea. Last beautifully if the programmers the SVN entrance have to still add.

That is very important. Incoming mail can be directly sorted.

Everything which is made repetitive can become automatic (or so similarly…)
- Hanry Ford

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 11:38:44 am »
How do you imagine this feature?

Just assigning certain email addresses to a workspace and automatically classifying emails received (and sent)?

stefan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 05:00:15 pm »
Hi Cabeza,

when I am adding a new mail account in opengoo and click "fetch IMAP folders" i get a list of all folders in my IMAP user account.

What i would like to have is the possibility to have a drop down box right next to the IMAP folder name where I can select a workspace for every IMAP folder (the "All" workspace could be selected by default).

So during the "check mail" action the e-mails would get downloaded, automatically classified and moved to the corresponding workspace.

This would make daily work way much easier.

Greetings

Stefan

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 11:43:15 am »
Sounds interesting ... although it would not work for POP3 accounts, it looks like a very "nice to have" feature.

I'm sorry to say that the only quick way to get it done is by finding a sponsor.

Do you all agree? Any other ideas?

Syrion

• View Profile
    • Studio Krater v.o.f.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:54:00 pm »
Or finding a way to get more volunteer programmers. Too bad those tend to stick to the big names in OSS.

stefan

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 04:21:56 am »
Hi Cabeza,

if I rethink my idea and take a look on the other request regarding the e-mail system, maybe something like automatic mail filtering would be the right choice.

Lets think of the possibility to have mail filter rules, so that mails with a specific mail adress or mails with a specific string in the subject line will get automatically classified .
This would work for both IMAP and POP3.

If you think further of not only filter for subjects and senders but also for, in the case of IMAP, the foldername the email was downloaded from (as opengoo knows these folders) it would be possibly to classify by folder name.

So this scenario would work for IMAP and POP3, would satisfy most of the user complaining about mail filtering and also me, because i would be able to classify by IMAP folder names.

Best regards

Stefan

cabeza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 11:43:15 am »
Or finding a way to get more volunteer programmers. Too bad those tend to stick to the big names in OSS.

Would definitely love to have more volunteer programmers !

if I rethink my idea and take a look on the other request regarding the e-mail system, maybe something like automatic mail filtering would be the right choice.

Definitely mail filters are more complete and desirable. However, they are also  more complex and require more volunteer-time.

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 10:21:04 am »
I agree with what Milchbazi had to say here, but I know that without funding or more volunteers it will be slow coming...   though, wouldn't feng-office customers also want these features?

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 06:15:37 pm »
wouldn't feng-office customers also want these features?

Yes!
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.