Author Topic: Firefox Right Click Spell Check...  (Read 2993 times)

Thomas

• View Profile
    • Email
Firefox Right Click Spell Check...
« on: December 02, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »
Our team would like to use the native Firefox spell-check feature in the document editor. The one where you right-click on the red underlined word and select the correct word.

Currently in the document editor you only get, cut, copy, paste. This is kind of a usability no-no. Is this a part of the editor config. itself?

Not sure why you would hijack the right click menu when a.) cut, copy, paste can be done with the keyboard b.) the same tools are also in the editor toolbar c.) the default right-click menu is so important.

How do I get the right-click menu back? Can you point me to some code or config changes?

Thanks,
Thomas

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Firefox Right Click Spell Check...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:54:04 pm »
I would agree with this, nice to have my spell-check as it is so handy
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

Gail

• View Profile
    • The Tranquil Computer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:48:33 pm »
I totally agree, I am here to find out how to disable all keyboard/mouse click customizations in Feng Office.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 07:38:42 pm »
I know. It bugs me as well. I haven't figured it out yet.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

Gail

• View Profile
    • The Tranquil Computer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:12 pm »
I have found something of a work around for email.

If formatting is set for plain text and not html then Firefox's native spell check (and everything else) works fine.  So when I do feel a need for html formatting I start my email in plain text, write the whole thing out and spell check as I go.  Once I've finished with that I enable html format and apply those options to my email.

I haven't found anything that gets around the really awful spellcheck in Documents though, I'd love to hear if anyone has had any luck disabling that.