Author Topic: create customized objects appearing in tabs and as a widget  (Read 2678 times)

msuzenne

• Freshman
    • View Profile
create customized objects appearing in tabs and as a widget
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:49 pm »
Hi,

first congratulations for this high quality product : as I've said before, I tried lot of collab webapp and FO definitely is the most advanced one in the standalone category (wich you can deploy on your own servers)

second my feature request : would it be possible to add a generic object, void for the most part, but custumzable using already available custom properties (those wich we setup via the preference manager, so tese custom properties would be available in reports).

I think these wouldn't be a lot effort to implement as they would just be like a note with custom properties for example. This would offer everybody a change to add support for specialized objects we are used to managed in companies.
For example I use custom properties for notes to manage an "asset management"-like (the goal is to manage these in one place, ie in FO rather than in GLPI.
If the "custom object adding" feature were there, I would create an "Asset" object with custom properties named "type" of type "list of values" setup like this : "computer, switch, router, etc...". We then could use existing object linking feature to associate "Asset" objects together !

For anaother company it could be adding custom objects named "medecine" for medical businesses.

In fact, it just would add FO such a flexibility to stick to the business model of everyone ! Don't you think that would be great ? Just by using existing features ?

How many people would be pleased to have such a possibility ? With the possibility to see "custom objects" defined in a new tab with the "create new" feature, this would be a feature must !!

Thanks by advance reating to this idea.

Mickaƫl.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: create customized objects appearing in tabs and as a widget
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:28:43 am »
Something like this coming on version 2.0.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.