Author Topic: Not viewing sub-workspaces  (Read 6153 times)

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Not viewing sub-workspaces
« on: December 11, 2008, 11:43:55 am »
One of the great things bout OpenGoo is seeing an aggregate of all the info in the workspaces under it... but it would be nice to have a check box or filter to not do so...

for example... I have a company workspace, with private workspaces under for each employee.

When I view the company notes or tasks, I also see my stuff (the other employees in this case are private to them), but it would be nice to turn off viewing my stuff mixed in with the company stuff.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
Re: Not viewing sub-workspaces
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:13:51 pm »
How about doing a sub-WS for the company data that is not-employee related?
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:09:55 pm »
No... cause most of the time I want to see a combined view. there are just times where I would like to filter out everything else is all.
Rob Portinga

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 12:18:12 am »
I am probably missing something, but what I think is:

+ Parent WS
    + Employee #1 WS
    + Employee #2 WS
    + Non-Employee Data WS

If you position in 'Parent WS', you get the combined view. If you position in 'Non-Employee Data WS' you get just that.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:24:55 pm »
Yea, I suppose I could create a separate workspace like that... but it seems counter-intuitive to how things are already laid out...

Like say I have a client "Acme Company" and I'm doing three different projects for them...

+ Acme Company
     Project 1
     Project 2
     Project 3

and I keep all project specific stuff in the respective sub-workspaces, it just seems natural to me that anything that is for the client, but not specific to a job would go under the Acme Company workspace.

And to have a simple toggle "View this workspace and all childworkspaces" that you could turn on or off seems more natural than creating another sub-workspace for items that are not specific to a particular project.

But maybe that's just me.
Rob Portinga

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:35 pm »
Interesting point.

One of my concerns with the solution you propose adds yet another 'concept' for the users to learn, while the other 'might' lead them on a good direction (Now here it might be just me).

If the information is not for a project, it is for something else. What is that 'something else'?

Could be:

+ Acme
    + Projects
      + Project 1
      + Project 2
    + Administration
      + Billing
      + Blah...

?