Author Topic: Opengoo takes time to load..  (Read 3272 times)

bigbrovar

• View Profile
    • Email
Opengoo takes time to load..
« on: December 08, 2008, 05:38:31 am »
I installed opengoo  for my school. its a small university. and its soo cool out of all the groupware i tried i choose it because i love its its interface very intuitive and easy to understand.  write now am testing it before i fully deploy it .. i installed it on a ubuntu 8.4 server. the machine hardware core 2 duo 2.4ghz 1 gb ram and 3gb swap. i use a mysql database with less then 3 users .. now my problem is that it takes a long time to load . right now am the only user . and  when i try to log in it takes like 10min before i get to my workspace. ( am logging in from another machine) is there something am doing wrong or should i change the database to say postgres .. what do you guys thing.

joan

• View Profile
Re: Opengoo takes time to load..
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:15 am »
During the install OpenGoo says it needs 10MB of memory but the default configuration for PHP is 8MB.
Maybe you could tweak the php.ini file on the host machine and put a value of 32M there, giving it more room.
Look for the line: "memory_limit = 8M"
(Note: shouldn't take 10 minutes anyway, so maybe there's something else...)

bigbrovar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:16:03 am »
@joan
thanks very much .. i increased the memory to 128M but even with that it doesnt help .. although i noticed a faster load with opera. but all our staffs use FF3 is there anyway i can improve the speed. although it takes time to load. once loaded its quite fast and snapy thanks

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:18:22 am »
Hi, you can set a config option to tell OpenGoo to try to gzip-compress javascript, but this may not work an all servers and browsers. This will speed up the initial loading times. To try it edit config/config.php and add a config option called 'USE_JS_CACHE' with a value of true. If it doesn't work just delete it and all should be back to normal.

Also, from version 1.1 onwards, we will include with the download compressed versions of javascript and CSS. This should improve initial loading times even more.

Cheers.