Author Topic: Minor (but important) suggestions for next release  (Read 5927 times)

gylf

• View Profile
Minor (but important) suggestions for next release
« on: November 25, 2008, 07:14:40 pm »
After using Opengoo a lot over the past few weeks, here are some suggested fixes/features that I think are really important to address:

1. Proper tab order when inputing data.

2. Make it easier to set the "due date" on a task (due date and subject are the two most important fields, after all).  A way to add directly from the calendar (like an event) would be nice too.

3. Enable users to change the "Send email notification to user" in new tasks to default to unchecked.

4. short-cut keys (least important):
 - one for selecting the "all" workspace
 - one for each option in the (+) drop-down at the upper right (which I love, by the way)
 - one for each tab at the top

5. ical support (the code is already there!)

Thanks and keep up the great work!   ;D

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Re: Minor (but important) suggestions for next release
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:51:42 am »
Maybe for #2 it could be as simple as adding a task icon next to the date on the top of the calendar, and when you click it, it opens a new task entry with that date plugged in as the due date?
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

Code Smoker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:35:12 pm »
Another vote for #1.  Seems like an easy request that would be very well received. 

We are trying out OpenGoo as a CRM application and have people keying data and this is the #1 complaint at the moment.

Thanks for the good work!  Keep the Goo flowing!

David W.
Let's Goo!

David W.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 12:23:05 pm »
1. Proper tab order when inputing data.

I use Firefox as my primary browser... and noticed this as well. IE seems to tab ok when inputting contacts (haven't really checked other items), so I keep a tab open also logged in using the Firefox IE Tab addon specifically for when I need to enter a contact.

But yea, would be nice to not have to do that since I also work a lot with a Linux box and don't have the IE Tab option there.
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:42:41 am »
This will be high priority for version 1.3. So it will be fixed for that version unless it is too hard to figure it out.