Author Topic: Fresh Instalation, blank web page  (Read 7077 times)

DrJames

• View Profile
    • Email
Fresh Instalation, blank web page
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:28 pm »
Hi,

I've recently installed feng using onsite instructions on a ubuntu server 12.04 64bit running on virtualbox.

I've added the first user, with no problems and then prompted to first login, no problems.

After logging in, a "loading" screen message appears, and then a blank browser appears only with the header (company logo, search and admin also visible).

what I've done wrong?

using fengoffice 2.3.1.1

thanks in advance.
Tiago

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fresh Instalation, blank web page
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:50:41 am »
Hi there!
Welcome to Feng Office Forums!

Did you follow the step by step guide?
http://www.fengoffice.com/web/wiki/doku.php/installation:feng_onsite_installation

Also.. in case you moved the filesystem somewhere else, you should delete the FENG_ROOT/cache/autoloader.php

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

lpriem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »
On the webservers of strato.com I had the same problem.

By default the server is configured to use PHP version 5.3. As a wild guess I switched to PHP 5.5, and then it worked fine.

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »
Interesting!  I run FO on php 5.3 with no issues, so I don't think it is php version per se that is (was) the problem.

However - glad it is working for you!

intervision

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:09:01 pm »
The same problem.

Pls help to fix it

Code: [Select]
Session "default" started at 2013-11-07T15:23:34+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined index: dimensions in '/var/www/intervision/data/www/control.localproject.ru/application/layouts/website.php' on line 464 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/intervision/data/www/control.localproject.ru/application/layouts/website.php' on line 464 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.49649810791016 seconds
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:24:04 pm by intervision »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:22 am »
The same problem.

Pls help to fix it

Code: [Select]
Session "default" started at 2013-11-07T15:23:34+0000
#1 ERROR: Error: Undefined index: dimensions in '/var/www/intervision/data/www/control.localproject.ru/application/layouts/website.php' on line 464 (error code: 8)
#2 ERROR: Error: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in '/var/www/intervision/data/www/control.localproject.ru/application/layouts/website.php' on line 464 (error code: 2)
Time since start: 0.49649810791016 seconds

Where are you hosting Feng? Did you have a look at the permissions? Did you try deleting the cache/autoloader.php file once?

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

intervision

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:36 am »
Feng is hosted on my own servers. Yes? permissions are in accordance with the documentation. during installation there are no errors.

deleting cache/autoloader.php  does not work

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 02:49:45 pm »
Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply.
In that case I am not sure what may be going on without accessing your server..

If needed be, I suggest creating a free trial in our website and or getting in touch with our Official Support Team for further information.

Best regards,
Francisco

intervision

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 05:57:55 am »
Thank you for your reply.

I do not need a commercial version or a version located on third-party servers.

I can provide any information that will help you in solving this problem, since I am an administrator of the server with full access. Just specify what information you need.
Perhaps, bug reports, web server logs or mysql-server?

steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2013, 03:15:11 pm »
Hi there - as this is a community edition, you are pretty much on your own for solving problems, and you cannot expect others to solve them for your.  This may not be your actual expectation, but the way you are phrasing your requests suggests it is your expectation.

However, that being said - some thoughts for you.

Upgrade to 2.4 (you are currently running an old version) - instead of running an upgrade script, backup your database, files and then install a fresh copy.  I think you will find that this may solve your problems.

intervision

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 01:06:38 pm »
we just talked about the latest version (2.4)
That's when you install this version, get an error described above.

I understand that the community edition does not imply support..
However, if it does not work after installation - this is not normal.
The answer to this question all the same I would like to receive.

if the project is free (eg GPL) that does not mean it should not work AT ALL!

Errors and problems that occur in the process of using the product I am able to find myself, but if the project is not operational principle, the minimum and basic methods of eliminating this problem should be.

I repeat that I, as the owner of the server can provide any information leading to the solution of this problem.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 01:10:24 pm by intervision »

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 09:56:43 am »
we just talked about the latest version (2.4)
That's when you install this version, get an error described above.

I understand that the community edition does not imply support..
However, if it does not work after installation - this is not normal.
The answer to this question all the same I would like to receive.

if the project is free (eg GPL) that does not mean it should not work AT ALL!

Errors and problems that occur in the process of using the product I am able to find myself, but if the project is not operational principle, the minimum and basic methods of eliminating this problem should be.

I repeat that I, as the owner of the server can provide any information leading to the solution of this problem.

Actually it is operational. By following the installation instructions as long as your server has been correctly set up it should work fine.
We have just released a new 2.4.0.6 version solving some issues with the notifications as well if you want to try it out.

Last but not least, any chance you missed installing the core_dimensions plugins? That is a compulsory one.