Author Topic: Install Problems 1.5.3 Doesn't work - Blank Screen!  (Read 2588 times)

rousseau

• View Profile
    • Email
Install Problems 1.5.3 Doesn't work - Blank Screen!
« on: September 28, 2009, 04:47:28 pm »
I am new to OpenGoo. I read about it in eWeek and thought it was interesting, so I'd give it a try. No luck.

I have done the installation (ftp the files, go to browser, make sure folders are writable, populate database, etc.). Now the index screen is completely blank. I turned on error reporting in the config file and see this instead of totally blank screen:

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Class 'Env' not found in .../environment/environment.php on line 51

I then took a look at my server's error files and it says this:

Code: [Select]
[Mon Sep 28 14:05:45 2009] [error] PHP Warning:  include_once(.../environment/classes/Env.class.php)
[<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream:
No such file or directory in .../environment/environment.php on line 20
[Mon Sep 28 14:05:45 2009] [error] PHP Warning:  include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]:
Failed opening '.../environment/classes/Env.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.../library/PEAR:/.../library/zend:
(server url):(server url)/application') in .../environment/environment.php on line 20
[Mon Sep 28 14:05:45 2009] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Env' not found in .../environment/environment.php on line 51

Linux CentOS 4.2 VPS
Apache 2.0.54
MySQL 4.1.2 with InnoDB
PHP 5.2.5

I really don't know what to make of this, but if someone out there has some ideas, I can follow instructions.

Thanks for your help in advance,

John
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:47:44 am by rousseau »

rousseau

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Install Problems 1.5.3 Doesn't work - Blank Screen!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 11:24:36 am »
Anybody on this forum know what is missing in my installation?

I always hate it when I get my hopes up on something that sounds cool and is free at the same time, but my options now are:
  • I spend days working on it until I (most likely) ruin it worse, with (slight) chance I fix it
  • I try an earlier version of the software that may be stable and working, but without all the most current features
  • I give up because of lack of technical skills since I haven't used it I don't know what I might be missing and I'm not paying for it anyway

Of course the answer I'd like is that someone else who has more understanding of this software can shed a little light on the subject...I'll remain hopeful for now...

Thanks,
John

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 02:07:47 am »
If it were me, and I'm probably as untechnical as you, it would try to re-upload the files just to see if it was a corrupt file issue. 
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

rousseau

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:36:14 pm »
Pet,

Thanks for the idea. I actually was beginning to think this might be the issue based on looking more closely at the log files - I noticed there was a call to a file that I looked for and it wasn't in the folder where it should have been. So that red flag combined with your suggestion and I knew I was onto something.

So thanks for your input and I now that I've re-uploaded everything and deleted the database contents so it could reinstall everything and the program installed fine this time and is working. Hopefully that's the worst of my problems I find with the program  ;)

Thanks again and nice software guys!

John