Author Topic: Comments are not showing up in dashboard  (Read 2333 times)

xxgnhajzobr

• View Profile
Comments are not showing up in dashboard
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:30:23 pm »
Hi - I have several users added into Opengoo but only Admin can create comments (Post Comment) under the "Notes" tab.  What do I need to change to allow all users to create/see comments?

Thanks

xxgnhajzobr

• View Profile
Re: Comments are not showing up in dashboard
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:09:20 am »
 ??? The only place I can see to configure the comments is  "Show comments widget:" under dashboard preferences.  I have this set to "On" but the comments are not showing up in the Overview tab, nor is the "Post Comment" showing up under the Notes tab. 

xxgnhajzobr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:30:05 am »
 :-[ Ok I found out how to fix it, but it looks like a bug to me.  It appears that "Workspace Permissions" for the user are out of sync with "Workspace permissions" for the group that the user is in.

- I have users in a group (administration -> groups -> edit -> workspace permissions ) who have all permissions checked "Read & Write"

- When user logs in, "Post Comment" does not show up under "Notes" tab

- permissions must also be set for each user under "Administration -> users -> permissions -> workspace permissions -> All (Read & Write)"

Seems like the groups permissions for workspace should be the same as  user permissions for worksapce

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 01:33:32 pm »
I think you're on the right track.  The only purpose that I saw for 'Groups' was to limit what permissions a person may have.

The "Group Permissions" trump the user permissions in my experience.

If you're hoping to create groups with the idea that the groups would act like teams that users can be a part of, then you'll be mistaken (as I was). 

Instead the groups are levels of access ie. Administrators, Standard Users, Read Only Users.. etc.

If you're trying to go the team set up route, you're better off creating a company contact for each team and assigning your Users to that company. (In theory, I havn't tried it out yet, but I will)