Author Topic: Problem wih pdf files and firefox (and safari too)  (Read 3163 times)

Bittone

• View Profile
Problem wih pdf files and firefox (and safari too)
« on: March 24, 2009, 03:44:37 pm »
Hello there,
first of all, I would like to thank all the developers that are working on Opengoo, I really like it and we are testing it so that it may become our main intranet system.
The interface is very nice and the "link everything to anything" is just brilliant.

Now, I have this strange problem: if I upload a .pdf file and then click on it I don't get the download dialog window, but the files is read just in its source form inside the window.
I tried with ie7 on windows Xp and everythings works just fine.
With Firefox on Windows Xp and Mac OS X I have the above mentioned problem.
I checked the forum but I could find no clues about my problem.
Thanks in advance for your attention.

Bittone

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Problem wih pdf files and firefox (and safari too)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »
Maybe you have a plugin that loads PDF's inline? When downloading a file OpenGoo tells the browser to download the file. You could right click on the "Download" link in the PDF's view and "open in new window" or "save as...".

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem. When is it that the PDF's source is shown? When you click on what?

Bittone

• View Profile
Re: Problem wih pdf files and firefox (and safari too)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:05:26 am »
Thanks for your kind answer Ignacio,
the person who made the upload has such plugin installed.
The funny thing is that is if I make the upload from a browser that has no such plugin installed everything is fine, but if the upload is performed by someone with that plugin installed I can see the "edit" actions for the pdf files, and this is not right.
Now since the problem seems plugin-related I'll try to focus on it.
Thanks for your tip.

Bittone