Author Topic: Serious Bugs regarding Permissions in Feng Office 2.0 / do not install!  (Read 3400 times)

shihan

• View Profile
If you are using Feng Office 2.0 and permission management is important to you please do not install or upgrade to Feng Office 2.0!

There is a serious bug which will lead to wrongly set permissions. This will grant your customers access to companies they are not allowed to!

Further details see Bug #3900 in the bug tracking system (not allowed to post links in forum).

All in all, there are some more problems with this version like missing translations, missing documentation, ...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:24:13 am by shihan »

dan76

• View Profile
This is a major problem, and I have noticed it as well.  As nice as the system looks, it is totally useless if the permission settings do not work.  It is very disappointing that I haven't heard anything about this being fixed.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
We have made major changes in the 2.1 version, and even more in the 2.1.1 beta (soon to come)
Please let us know whether this issue has been solved or not in the 2.1, otherwise I believe the 2.1 should solve it.

Thanks for your report and interest!

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

dan76

• View Profile
I am actually using a fresh install of version 2.1.  Did you try replicating the problem?

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Serious Bugs regarding Permissions in Feng Office 2.0 / do not install!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:42 pm »
Yes, we have run some tests, and several permissions issues have been solved for the next release after the 2.1 one.

Thank you!
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

dan76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:16:58 pm »
If that is the case, as a courtesy, I think you should be more open about letting people know this serious issue exists.  For some users, this bug could have catastrophic consequences and do a lot of damage.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:44:54 am »
I agree with you, but were not aware of some of these issues until not long ago.
On the other hand, this would not always happen, but only on certain scenarios. I am not trying to justify the bug, but at least letting know that it did not always happen after the tests we did.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback!

Best regards,
Francisco