Author Topic: Administration Email-Accounts missing  (Read 4355 times)

sim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
Administration Email-Accounts missing
« on: April 24, 2012, 07:46:39 pm »
Hi, First at all, thanks for all the work on feng office. I have a productive 1.7.5 running and it does its job quite well.

But now looking at 2.0.0.8, logged in as Super User  i am missing the E-Mail Account configuration option in Administration. Especially the Account Permissions to give users the permission to send mails with a common mail account like office@fengoffice.com :.) ist missing. At least in my installation...

If i give it a try and use the same link in 2.0.0.8 as in 1.7.5
Code: [Select]
office.mywebsite.com/index.php?c=administration&a=mail_accounts it just gives me
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Class 'MailAccountUsers' not found in [...]office/application/views/administration/mail_accounts.php on line 39
Allthough some Mail-Account information is displayed in simple html.
So am i on the wrong track and has there been a basic change in mail configuraton,or am i just missing something.

My Feng 2.0 installation is from scratch, no update.

Best, sim.

[UPDATE] Bug 3908 "It is not possible to give rights to email-accounts/to view all email-accounts" in Mantis    reflects the same issue.

======================================================================
Reported By:                PetterSandvik
Assigned To:                franponce87
Project:                    FengOffice 2.0 (public)
Issue ID:                   3908
Category:                   Plugins
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Priority:                   normal
Date Submitted:             2012-04-08 09:02 CDT
Last Modified:              2012-05-22 09:02 CDT
Summary:                    It is not possible to give rights to
email-accounts/to view all email-accounts
Description:
In the 2.0.0.8 i cant see the list of email-accounts - and i cant manage the
rights to read, write etc for each account anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 (0000960) franponce87 (administrator) - 2012-05-22 09:02

----------------------------------------------------------------------
That is right. We still have to work on this feature to have it back, but it is
not our top priority right now.

Best regards,
Francisco

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change              
2012-04-08 09:02 PetterSandvik  New Issue                                    
2012-05-22 09:02 franponce87    Note Added: 0000960                          
2012-05-22 09:02 franponce87    Assigned To               => franponce87    
2012-05-22 09:02 franponce87    Status                   new => confirmed    
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:34:57 am by sim »

PetterSandvik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Administration Email-Accounts missing
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:42:31 pm »
This is important!

sim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:25:44 am »
Yes it is. But i get the feeling that there are not to much people working with a "shared" Mail-Account, means working in a collaborative service oriented group :-). Otherwise there would have been more complaining about.

feng 1.7.5 works as very flexible and powerful collaborative project and task tool and i guess its time for the developers to admit that v2 went into the wrong direction. Mobile Access and (ok that´s a very hard thing, but look at the way google docs is going) even offline usability would have been the rights features to aim at. Together with its very flexible and customer orientated approach feng has (or had??) a lot of potential. I hope development and community communication will improve in the future and find the right way.

So my advice: DO NOT migrate to V2 with a productive system.  (I wouldn´t do it even if i had commercial support!) Have a look at it (it looks nice allthough a little bit sewed together), play around, but do not even think of transfering a working business to feng 2.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 10:34:30 am »
This feature will be reintroduced eventually, in fact the 2.1 RC 2 has part of this.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with your statement.
Feng Office is way more powerful than before, even though there are a couple of missing features from the previous version which will soon be reintroduced.

I use it daily, and I know the differences between both versions, so I am confident on what I say.

One of the main problems I can see around, is the fact that even though some things are not 'easy-to-setup' (which we are improving) many people have no idea of what are they doing when installing and setting up their Feng Office's installation, but this does not mean that the new version has gone backwards or lost potential, on the very  contrary :)

My advice: if you would like to upgrade to the latest version available, you may do it, but you have to know what are you doing as for different reasons we have not been able to get to a swift-and-sound-update-button yet, and also because there is no such thing as an easy upgrade here. When changing from Feng Office 1.X to Feng Office 2.X, many thousands of queries run in background meaning this would take up to several hours, but people are not patient, stop this process and then have broken installations.

As to the Professional Edition and our 'Commercial Support', I am pretty sure that you do not know what you are talking about, so please refrain yourself from doing such comments. Should anyone find the need to upgrade your installations and contribute with the Feng Office project to keep it alive, please do not hesitate contacting us.

Last but not least, please do not take me wrong, I do not want to be misunderstood. My intention is not to be aggressive nor offensive, but just wanted to clear things up a bit.

Best regards,
Francisco
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

sim

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 03:29:21 pm »
Francesco, you did not offend me. Perhaps i did, when i wrote the advice not to upgrade to v2. Sorry about that.
Maybe it´s because developers sometimes can not imagine how important a feature can become to a "community customer" that they themselves consider perhaps in the beginning just to be a "nice to have". And the other way, that a feature the developers and their "real business customers" consider to be very important like the evolution from category to dimension can be an interesting but not yet cruical thing to the "community customer" who would be glad if his user would use simple categories in a producitve way ;-).
All the best... and i´ll stay with the 1.7.5

dank

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:32:53 pm »
Hi Francesco, I have just upgraded to 2.1 and I now also have a big problem with shared mailboxes.  I am relying on these but now they don't work (I've posted separately).  Do you know when they will work fully again?

I have shared 3 mailboxes (read and write) with 4 users but when the users login they don't have access to the mailboxes and when they try and receive or send an email they are told that they need to set u a mailbox.

This is really key for our use of feng, so really appreciate your aedvice on when this is going to be fully available.

Many thanks,

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »
Hello there,

You are right, there is an issue with this at the 2.1 release, but it has already been solved for the 2.1.1 version.

Regarding features, we have a lot in mind, and we always do welcome new feedback from everyone, however, we do not count with enough time to analyze, develop and test them all, so we must set up priorities and follow them.

For the time being we are working on many improvements, different kinds of them, but subscribed users do get a higher priority as they in fact help us maintain the Feng Office project alive.

In case you still have not, but you find it interesting, you may see some of the differences between the Community Edition VS the Professional Edition here, and may be then you would like to become a subscribed user as well.

Best regards,
Feng Office Support
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

dank

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
thanks franponce87, but do you know when 2.1.1 will be released?  I've really lost some key functionality now :-(

many thanks.