Author Topic: Emails setup  (Read 3284 times)

S.Rama

• View Profile
Emails setup
« on: October 29, 2009, 05:01:47 pm »
1. I am setting the open Goo for an organization with 27 users . I need to know if the system is build up for this amount of users for the use of 35- 40 email accounts. Can the use of this amount of email accounts can harm the function of the software data?
2. we are using now an external host company for our emails and it is working very well both on the host company web software and in outlook.
Is it better for us to use IMAP or POP?
3. Do we need to set it up as we do at the outlook or there is a different setup?
4.I installed one email account in the Open Goo. It failed to install the IMAP, and with the POP I can receive emails but not to send (when I do "send" it froze).I didn't manage to set up the SSL setup.
4.Is there any set up instructions for Open Goo users?

Thank you in advance for your help  :)

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Re: Emails setup
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 07:19:42 pm »
1. There's no issue with that many accounts.
2.-4. I would recommend setting up a test environment and work out the bugs before rolling this out. There are a good many threads on IMAP/POP in the forums if you do a search.
5. You might check the manual, as well watch a2opinion's training video.
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

spectra

• View Profile
Re: Emails setup
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 02:51:28 am »
IMAP v POP

I too have OG running where it pops my emails from off my actual mail server.
IMAP isn't working :( otherwise I would do IMAP.
My thought is that accessing my emails via IMAP from within OG gives me redundancy. If my OG box dies, I'm down until I fix it but I can still do email via my ISP webmail.

That's why I prefer IMAP over POP in this type scenarion.
Spectra - OG Wanna Be | Down since 1.5.3 | Steady rollin with 1.6