Author Topic: Breadcrumbs as it's own column  (Read 6008 times)

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
Breadcrumbs as it's own column
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:02:15 am »
this is sort of a question and an suggestion...

I used the code hack posted to put the workspace breadcrumbs after the name in contacts...  any chance of getting the file names/locations and changes to do the same in other areas?

which leads to my suggestion... what about making the workspace breadcrumbs it's own column? That way I can put it in the order I want, or remove it from view entirely.

And lastly, maybe this is a bug or just not a feature yet, but when I make changes to how I view columns, those changes don't seem to carry over from session to session. Would be nice if it would such stuff so I don't need to reset things every time.

Thanks!
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Breadcrumbs as it's own column
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:29:11 pm »
On version 1.2 there will be a config option to remember the state of the graphical interface. This was available on older versions (I think that around 0.8 ), but we removed it because we were having some problems that we attributed to bugs in that component. Now it will be optionally available, and we hope that with the feedback from the (now much greater) community we will be able to fix those bugs (if they exist).

Concerning the workspace breadcrumbs, I think too that putting it on its own column is a better choice. I'll ask our 'usability committee' (Conrado and Carlos :)) to evaluate this proposal.

Thanks for your feedback.

rportinga

• View Profile
    • Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:42:13 pm »
On version 1.2 there will be a config option to remember the state of the graphical interface. This was available on older versions (I think that around 0.8 ), but we removed it because we were having some problems that we attributed to bugs in that component. Now it will be optionally available, and we hope that with the feedback from the (now much greater) community we will be able to fix those bugs (if they exist).

Ah.. Ok, that makes sense. I could have sworn it was doing so for me when I first started using it... which was just a week or so before 1.0 came out.

Good to know I wasn't imagining things!
Rob Portinga
Bauer Bros. Construction, Inc.

conrado

• Administrator
  • Conrado
    • View Profile
    • Feng Office
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:16:34 am »
Version 1.2 is going to feature a new way to present 'breadcrumbs'. Let us know how you feel about it.

Separating into a new column has both advantages, but disadvantages as well. It still is not that clear which option is best.
Get Official Support for your Feng Office. Support the development team. Sign up for a Free Trial here.