Author Topic: No Notification Emails  (Read 6252 times)

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
No Notification Emails
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:12:32 am »
Hi Team:

First of all I would like to thank team at OpenGoo for making such a wonderful software. I have been using activeCollab for over 2 yrs now and have always wanted to add a dashboard and time management module. I searched around Google and Wiki yesterday and found you Guys. Thanks again for bringing up this idea to reality.

I had few questions and issues since yesterday, however first tried to search forum for help, then tried help manual and lastly tried google.

Question -
-> Like in activeCollab, we created a project and when project was finished, we were able to mark it as finished and it was archived automatically. We could however check the communication or related data at any point of time from admin login. I know that in this new version, we are working on 'WorkSpaces', which are great  :) , however here is the QUESTION - how do I mark project as finished. And how do we see the archive? The projects we do are short - from week to months time and we need to close them so the active project list is easy to see and work on.

Issue -
-> Email notification - I created new users and new Workspace, however non of the users got alert for new account created nor for the project. I installed current version of OpenGoo on GoDaddy shared Linux Grid server yesterday. I searched the forum where users resolved this issue with disabling Cron Event "Send notifications through cron:" (this was disabled by default, however for troubleshooting, I enabled it and later disabled it. Mails/notifications still did not work)
-> Another Issue - I configured Email accont (POP). THis is Google Aps custom domain id. While receiving mails worked perfect, however sending mail always sent an error. The settings for SMTP were accurately done as per http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13287

I would appreciate if someone can get back with answers/comments to these questions/issues.

Thanks
Ravi

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: No Notification Emails
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 05:42:06 am »
And test mailing is also NOT working.

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:24:44 am »
SMTP does not get configured.
Tried 2 different emails - one from Google Apps and other at ExgHost.com

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 06:54:04 am »
Any one out here to help me out of this.

Thanks

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:24:47 pm »
-> Like in activeCollab, we created a project and when project was finished, we were able to mark it as finished and it was archived automatically. We could however check the communication or related data at any point of time from admin login. I know that in this new version, we are working on 'WorkSpaces', which are great  :) , however here is the QUESTION - how do I mark project as finished. And how do we see the archive? The projects we do are short - from week to months time and we need to close them so the active project list is easy to see and work on.

Ravi, OG uses workspaces, which are more flexible and can be used in many different ways. This means that the definition of a "project" can mean anything: a task, a milestone, a workspace, a sub-workspace, etc.  So when you ask how to mark a "project" as finished, there is no answer, because the only person who knows how you define a project is you.

You can do a forum search for "archive workspace" or you can read this
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 05:40:31 am »
Thanks Pet!

Any light on email issue? or do i take it as being GoDaddy shared hosting issue...

Thanks
Ravi

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 03:27:26 pm »
I can't help you there.  Although I do commercial web hosting (WAMP), I only use OG's email module to receive emails, not send or do anything fancy.  If and when I do learn more about it I may be able to help (or even offer OpenGoo-compatible hosting) but I'm not yet at that stage.

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 04:17:52 am »
Any idea if there are issues installing OpenGoo at GoDadday's shared hosting?

Thanks
Ravi

a2opinion

• Christian
    • View Profile
    • A Second Opinion
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:52 am »
Hey Ravimann
I don't know if the problems you are having are the same as the ones I was having but I thought I'd let you know what worked for me... When ever I did any tests opengoo would give me every indication that everything was working and that my emails were going out, but nothing ever showed up in the inbox.

Before any of your users get any emails from the system all of your email settings have to be in a row.

So first make sure that your company (the one that you and your users are attached to) has an email address and that the email address matches the domain that open goo resides on.  (In my case the domain I have opengoo on is a2opinion.com so I make sure that the company email is something AT a2opinion.com)
Next, under Administration>>Configuration>>Mailing set up your mail settings again making sure that your email address and mail server match the domain you have open goo on.
Also make sure that you fill in an SMTP address.  I know that the note at the left says this is optional, but you should still fill it in to avoid the problems I'm about to mention.

Once you've done all of that you should be good to set up your user accounts and they should be getting the setup emails.

Here are some of the problems that we are avoiding:
When you don't have an email address set for your company then, when opengoo tries to send out an email, it tries to do so without a return address and errors.

Also, when you don't fill in the SMTP address (that matches the domain you're installed on AND your mail server) then opengoo will send out the email using the return email address of the user that entered the note, or the task or whatever.  If their address doesn't match the mail server then the receiving server will see that the email is coming from one place but SAYS that it's coming from somewhere else and may black list it for being fraudulent and bounce it back.

I discovered this when I happened to go into the mail server for my domain and found a whole bunch of returned emails and read through their contents.

I dunno if this will work for you, but I hope so!

Oh, and for the record I HATE GoDaddy hosting.  Any hosting company that doesn't provide me with CPanel and requires me to log into some control panel on their domain is going to be a pain in the arse.  I love GoDaddy as a registrar and get all of my domains through them, but I would NEVER use them as a host.

I have several companies that I use for my clients and could make recommendations if you are interested.  :)

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 06:42:27 am »
Thanks for the input A2.

I installed OpenGoo on our development dedicated server which runs fine. Mailing problems and other things are all sorted out.

FYI... for all members.. OpenGoo does not work any good on GoDaddy shared hosting.

As per A2, GoDaddy is good for domain registration, but not any good for shared hosting.

Thanks
Ravi

thewalker333

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 11:47:37 am »
Hi,

I currently have Go Daddy hosting and response time is very slow
Could you please suggest best hosting for Open goo

ravimann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 05:38:38 am »
I am currently using GoDaddy's dedicated server, where I have full control. The applications runs well.

Thanks

tinsterman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »
I am having the same email problem with GoDaddy shared hosting.

There are no email notifications. Also I am using Google Apps for my email and i cannot send or receive the emails..

Can anyone recommend a shared hosting environment that works with the email? Or a work around?

I think A2opinion mentioned he might know.

Thanks

rj5435

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:53 pm »
Hello

I have similar problems.
I use Godaddy hosting and have gmail account on my FO application 1.6.2.
domain name is the same as for emails.
SMTP settings are completely accurate. I use SSL and port 465.
--------------------------
Recieving works fine. But sending gives me next error:
Error: Connection to the given MTA failed. The Connection Interface said: Connection refused
--------------------------

I try several setting about SMTP and its alwasy the same error.

can someone help me?

samtux

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 01:19:30 pm »
Esto si sirve, muchas gracias por su gran apoyo.

"SMTP settings are completely accurate. I use SSL and port 465."

Thanks you very much!!!!