Author Topic: Can my clients create tickets automatically from email?  (Read 2814 times)

Studio98

• View Profile
    • Email
Can my clients create tickets automatically from email?
« on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:44 pm »
I'm just curious if there is a way for our clients to send an email to a specific email address and have a ticket automatically generated by that which would then be assigned to one of our users by default.

We are trying to transition away from using email so much and this feature would help with our customers being able to send us tasks to do and then we can track them all in Feng Office.

franponce87

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can my clients create tickets automatically from email?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 02:56:46 pm »
Right now Feng Office doesn't count with such feature.. sorry!

You could try implementing this feature.

Otherwise, a solution to your need may be this one:
Create a new WS named "Tickets" and set different email accounts for each email address, and ask your team to create new tasks in that WS IF they consider it necessary depending on what the email contains.

Greetings!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:52:08 am by franponce87 »
Would you like to install Feng Office Professional or Enterprise Edition in your servers? No problem! Read this article!

krashnik

• Freshman
    • View Profile
    • HardMagic Publishing
Re: Can my clients create tickets automatically from email?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 12:27:05 pm »
I have created a feature for email piping.  This isn't designed for tickets, but it is designed so people can reply to comments.  You can see the code and change it for your needs - it would be modifying similar files & the main file I designed would still be used.

Check it out in this thread: http://forums.fengoffice.com/index.php?topic=4888.0
Owner of HardMagic Publishing