Author Topic: Gelsheet alpha!  (Read 3171 times)

Pet

• Global Moderator
  • Always mining for solutions!
    • View Profile
    • The Bet!
Gelsheet alpha!
« on: April 23, 2009, 02:43:00 am »
Although I am quite happy to see a spreadsheet app in OG, I am concerned to see such an early, feature-sparse version.

Sourceforge has no documentation, no discussion, no help of any kind.  The project web site has nothing but a screen shot.  I recall reading somewhere that it is a student-driven project.

There are so many missing features (such as simply being able to insert rows and columns) that it may not be ready for use for a very long time. I am wondering if this is being consistently and heavily worked on? Given its state, I wonder how long down the road we may have to wait for a beta or full release product?  Are OG users expected to be Gelsheet testers?

So far it looks great and works well in firefox (and not at all in IE7), so am looking forward to its continued development and more information on the project.

cheers
Support OpenGoo - Sponsor a Feature! | Follow me on Twitter | OG Support Chat | Did you turn debugging on?

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Gelsheet alpha!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:53 am »
It is, as you say, an alpha version. It won't be ready for at least a couple of months. The community is welcome to help with it, though testing at this stage would be of not much use. This is more of a preview than anything else.