Author Topic: Tag for Traditional-Chinese characters  (Read 3188 times)

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
Tag for Traditional-Chinese characters
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:58:21 pm »
I am really impressed with OpenGoo and have been testing it for    
Several times.

I found that Tag seems not working correctly for Traditional-Chinese characters. When adding more than one tag in Traditional-Chinese character, the Tag panel always shows the first added one. The filter don't work for the other ones either. However, the Workspace panel hasn't this problem at all.
I am wondering if there's something i'm missing or a bug here?

Appreciate any response. Thanks!

ignacio

• View Profile
Re: Tag for Traditional-Chinese characters
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56:20 pm »
Can you post here a list of tagnames that give you this problem, so that we can try it ourselves? One per line, please.

Thanks.

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
Thank you very much for response to this question. Following is a list of tagnames that can't work as expected:
中文
資料
測試
教學

In fact, I have repeated testing Tag function on the so-called CJK characters including Chinese, Japanese and Korean.  They all have the same problem although are all displayed normally in properties pane. Following is another list of tagnames:
중국어
정보
시험
어학

Again, many thanks.

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:26:56 pm »
Tags in Chinese characters still can't  function normally on OpenGoo 1.3RC. The tag pane can only show the first tag in Chinese characters, all the other can't be displayed there. Only after deleting the first one, the second can show up, but still not for others. Hopefully this problem can be solved to benefit the vast users of Chinese environment :), since tags are so important as to substitute for subfolder in OpenGoo.

Thanks.      

tchu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 11:53:52 am »
Tags in Chinese characters have problem only in Tag panel, they are fine in either Properties pane or Adding Tags Section. Since the more complex Workspaces work perfectly in Chinese characters, I compared TagPanel.js with WorkspacePanel.js and only found that they deals ID in different way. The code in line 335~337:  "nameToId: function(name) { return og.clean(name).replace(/[^a-zA-Z0-9]/g, '_');}," might be the reason for that problem. BTW for your reference, Tags in Japanese alphabet work fine on testing.

Thanks for any help.

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:51 pm »
Hi tchu,

This problem will be solved in 1.3 final release. The problem lied, as you noted, on how the id of the tag in the panel was generated. It was substituting all characters that were not numbers or latin letters for "_", so all those tags that you posted were getting the same id "__", and so only one was displayed. If it worked for you in japanese it was because the tags that you tried had different lengths. Anyway, we changed how this id is generated and so now all tags will be displayed.

Thanks for your help.