Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error When Trying To View Event Properties  (Read 16310 times)

Friso

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 500 Internal Server Error When Trying To View Event Properties
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 10:30:39 am »
Hello Ignacio and all other members of the forum,
first of all thanks for the tireless support you are giving us for this excellent project management application. I am using your software to manage small projects in our office with 10 other users.

Getting to business I have the same problem as counterpower and the other users of this topic.
Let me point out:
  • II have upgraded to 1.3.1
  • when I set up an event and invite members of my group 'error 500 internal server error' pops up
  • I did not register an email account on opengoo (my company will not grant me pop3 and smtp detalis).. I guess the overlying problem is just that; when I don't invite anybody the event shows up fine.
  • I did not check  the 'Invite users by email' option.

This is the log entry for the bug:
Fatal error: Call to a member function hasProjectPermission() on a non-object in D:\xampp\htdocs\opengoo\application\views\event\viewevent.php on line 134

There is no way to cancel the event or to open it. The only option is to cancel it on the D.B.
I hope you can help me and others to solve this problem, which I guess has something to do with open goo trying to send a notification of the event to other users as can be traced from line 134.

I wish you and the team all the best.
Friso
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:36:23 am by canesciolto »
Friso

ThorstenW

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 09:53:07 am »
Hello everyone,

after selecting the calendar tab and successfully showing the current month (week or day respectively) i can't switch to a different month/week/day due to an Internal Server Error.

It throws 2 Errors:
Code: [Select]
#1 ERROR: Error: Object of class __PHP_Incomplete_Class could not be converted to string in '/path/to/opengoo/environment/functions/general.php' on line 73 (error code: 4096)
#2 ERROR: Error: Object of class __PHP_Incomplete_Class to string conversion in '/path/to/opengoo/environment/functions/general.php' on line 73 (error code: 8)

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Thorsten

Using version 1.3.1 (svn repos).

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 01:50:32 pm »
@Friso: Can you paste how line 134 of file 'D:\xampp\htdocs\opengoo\application\views\event\viewevent.php on line 134' looks like? It should look like this:
Code: [Select]
if ($inv_user instanceof User && $inv_user->hasProjectPermission($event->getProject(), ProjectUsers::CAN_READ_EVENTS)) {
@ThorstenW: We don't recommend using code from the repositories directly. Instead download releases from the website. Try downloading opengoo 1.3.1 from the website and replacing your files.

ThorstenW

• Freshman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 03:27:43 pm »
Replacing the repository version of 1.3.1 fixed the problem indeed.
Seems I mistook the repos as stable "tag" due to it's low rate of commits ;)

Anyways, thank you very much. OG is a great and promising project :)
Thorsten

Friso

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 05:21:14 am »
Hello Ignacio,
thanks for you feedback.

Line 134 looked like this:
if ($inv_user->hasProjectPermission($event->getProject(), ProjectUsers::CAN_READ_EVENTS)) {
which is in fact different than the line you provided:
if ($inv_user instanceof User && $inv_user->hasProjectPermission($event->getProject(), ProjectUsers::CAN_READ_EVENTS)) {

After updating the code with yours there is no 'error 500' when inviting a single person. Unfortunately the event does not show up in the calendar of the person that is invited when I switch to his profile.
In other words invitations on events does not work.
Moreover when I edit the event I invited others to, I see that the names of the persons I invited previously appear unchecked. It is like the invitations are not written-registered- on the DB.

Bear in mind that I did not check the 'send email' to invitees. If I do that the error 500 pops up again and the invitation becomes unmodifiable which leaves me no other option than to cancel it through the database.
Hope we can come out of this and I invite other users to see if this problem shows up.

Thanks!
Friso

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:55:23 am by Friso »
Friso

ignacio

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 10:39:16 am »
Hi Friso,

Try uploading version 1.3.1 again and running the upgrade. This errors where fixed on that release, so maybe there was some problem when you upgraded.

Friso

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 10:15:21 am »
Hi Ignocio,
I upgraded again and it seems to be working ok now.
There is still an error message when trying to invite someone through the email option to an event. Instead of the error message 500 there should be a system messagge telling the user that no email account is defined.

Thanks for you support.
Friso
Friso